First Horizon Park - Home of the Nashville Sounds

RemarkableHomes

^^^i don't know anyone that is particularly "proud" of LP Field. It's a decent venue for football, but "decent" is about as far as I would go.

It's certainly not big on frills, but it's a solid stadium design, and built with good materials. It's not one of those expensive billion dollar stadiums they are putting out these days, but it works very well.

I'm not so impressed with the initial designs of this ballpark.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool.  I just thought it was interesting.  I mean, he is big time!  Coming from a Cubs fan too! :P :P

And as a Cards fan, I may go see him anyway even though he left us for the big(ger) bucks.  :angry:   Yep, he's a lock for the Hall of Fame (even if the WPLN radio guy mispronounced his name this morning - LOL).    

And as a Cards fan, I may go see him anyway even though he left us for the big(ger) bucks.  :angry:   Yep, he's a lock for the Hall of Fame (even if the WPLN radio guy mispronounced his name this morning - LOL).

Not to get too off topic, but, there was a professor at UTSI who last name was Pujol and pronounced the "j" in it and not as the "h" sound.  Not sure if that is a Spanish(?) grammatical thing or what.

Today is Albert Pujols's birthday!  I know random, but it pooped up on my FB feed.

Last thing, I saw some old pictures at my parents house the other day when we went to the MLB exhibition games they used to have at Greer!  Saw Frank Thomas who had tree trunks as legs.   Also have Moisés Alou and many others. Great memories. I'd like to see them bring it back.

Companies vie for naming rights to Nashville Sounds' new ballpark

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140121/BUSINESS01/301210033/Companies-vie-naming-rights-Nashville-Sounds-new-ballpark

I really do not want to see our stadium named after a bank. Banks have naming rights to so many things, I'm kind of tired of all of the ad's from their naming rights.

It should definitely be a Nashville area based company, that is financially stable and recognized nationally and globally.

We don't need any more Sommet and Adelphia fiascos.

Goo Goo Cluster Field?

Please no!

Cracker Barrel Ballpark?

Please no again!

Okay, how about Moon Pie Field?  Not!!!

I would accept Jack Daniels Field. Maybe Dollar General will step up. They are adding 1000 stories in the next couple of years.

Edited by Urban Architecture