First Horizon Park - Home of the Nashville Sounds

RemarkableHomes

Carnival KIA Complex at Sulphur Dell ... presented by Adelphia.

Dibs on first ride on the ferris wheel!

Funny you should say that...

A comment from their FB page

Andrew Kent: The plans continue to have the same issue - no dedicated kids area. The only way this is going to be successful is if it is marketed to families. We need a carousel or better yet a Ferris wheel.

Seems like the other "big issues" with this is parking and the scoreboard...also, some are against the design.

Shayne Hix: Are there plans to construct a new guitar scoreboard? That's classic and just has to happen!

Andy Smith: Better have the guitar scoreboard!!! Or I'll be really disappointed!!!!

Shaun Hurley: Where do you park? We used to tailgate before the games. Am I going to have to walk all the way downtown after $1 beer night?

John E. Lee: Save The Scoreboard!

Nicholas Alverides: It depends are you going to make it look bland and tasteless like it currently is because I'm sorry that's the last thing the Sounds need or deserve is generic

Doug Jones Jr.: I'm a die hard Sounds/Brewers fan thats been coming to Greer since I was 5. While I'm happy we are getting a new stadium, I have to say that I am unimpressed with this design and would rather stay at Greer. Looks like the baseball equivalent of a doctors office.

Shawna Nye: Can somebody answer what's going to happen to the old scoreboard?

Leo Finn: Great, where is parking?

Tom Hamilton: WHERE is the parking???????????

Dotty Dotson: Is all the State parking going away?

Thought this one was a bit humorous

Tom Hamilton: Looks like the bldgs beyond the outfield will block the view of the Nashville skyline. As far as I'm concerned this should be rejected.'

The Corrections Corporation of America Compound

This one gets my vote... Lol

I bet it ends up being first Tennessee or regions.

I would like to see one of the music companies step up... BMI, ASCAP, OR CMA, since we are the Nashville sounds

Edited by nashmoney

There were a few workers on site this morning and Fourth Ave. is now closed. The lot where the parking garage is going to go will close in a few more weeks and I guess that will start soon afterward.  No word as to when the Embry project will start and I would say it’s a little early for the other residential project that Frank Ward with the Sounds is planning. That may take a little while because it was announced so soon. They have bought the property needed for the project.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm a proud employee of CCA!  Maybe I could suggest that idea of CCA purchasing naming rights for the Sounds ballpark . . . .

I mean, I said that half jokingly. As much as a name like that might make some people cringe, it's at least borderline minor league appropriate.  ^_^

• 1 month later...

Any updated renderings?    

Went out for a run the day before yesterday and passed by the site.   The excavation is going pretty deep as you'd expect and a lot of the soil coming out looked like it may have been backfill from years ago.    Which made me wonder, wasn't there originally a spring or creek on this site (that gave rise to the name Sulphur Dell)?    What became of that? 

Glad to hear that the State Garage will have retail and/or apartments.

Maybe they will save the old scoreboard and use it as a sculpture/monument outside of the new stadium. I didn't realize how large that thing is. Sitting upright, it would be about 4 or 5 stories high

greerguitar.jpg

• Like 1

Nashville Civic Design Center had a presentation from the developers of the new Sounds Stadium tonight. New info that I didn't know is the rectangle grass area that runs parallel to 5th ave. will be for future development. They want the field completely boxed in so if the Tennessee State Museum doesn't happen the stadium will always be surrounded.The State garage will have retail and maybe apartments on the bottom floor facing out. A roundabout will be located where 4th ave. and the green way intersect just outside of center field. Jackson street between 3rd ave and 5th ave. will be similar to 5th between Music City Center and The Omni Hotel. The scoreboard will be a jumbo size. 3rd street will be a two way street and MTA plans to run the free green bus around the ball park from downtown. The contractor said they have been running a average of 265 dump truck loads of soil from the site daily. Some of that soil is being delivered to the Embrey site. Embrey plans to break ground this summer. The other apartments that Ward is developing will break ground in the fall. Finally, The State Archive Library will stay at the corner of 5th and Jefferson and will come before The State Museum.

I was at the presentation as well.  Too bad we didn't meet.

Glad to hear that the State Garage will have retail and/or apartments.

Maybe they will save the old scoreboard and use it as a sculpture/monument outside of the new stadium. I didn't realize how large that thing is. Sitting upright, it would be about 4 or 5 stories high

greerguitar.jpg

Hope they burn this and have something not this cheesy. How about a real scoreboard that one would see at a classy ballpark?

Oh, I'd definitely vote to keep the guitar scoreboard.   It's the only thing that made Greer a remotely memorable experience.    The new park will be a pretty bland place and could use a little character.    And if you're a Vista Germantown resident, instant conversation starter!   

• Like 1