Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Update on excavation/foundation work for the former Trail West Building locale on lower Broadway at SW corner w/ Third Avenue South.  Will soon be 5-story Harry O's Tavern.

Looking east along Lower Broadway from corner of Third Avenue South.  A LOT of history in those bricks lining the basement:

Trail West rebuild 1, May, 2016.jpg

Looking south along Third Ave. from corner of Lower Broadway.  The new wall support backs up to the building that will soon become the boutique Moxy Hotel and restaurants.

Trail West rebuild 2, May, 2016.jpg

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Update on excavation/foundation work for the former Trail West Building locale on lower Broadway at SW corner w/ Third Avenue South.  Will soon be 5-story Harry O's Tavern.

The Trail West project seems to have been stuck in this mode for weeks.    Is there an issue?      

3 hours ago, bhibbs said:

I assume the Hippodrome would have been in the bottom right of this photo?

Yes, I think the Hippodrome would've been just out of the frame in the lower right.  Basically in the location where the J. Alexander's (or whatever that restaurant is these days), just east of where the Holiday Inn is now.  Rookzie will know for sure!

Edited by markhollin

1 minute ago, markhollin said:

Yes, I think the Hippodrome would've been just out of the frame in the lower right.  Basically in the location where the J. Alexander's (or whatever that restaurant is these days), just east of where the Holiday Inn is now.

I always thought it was where the building is that holds PF Changs/Barnes and Noble.
Learn something new every day!

10 hours ago, markhollin said:

TBT: West End Avenue and Elliston Place around 1968:

West End & Elliston, 1968.jpg

Carmichael Twrs 3 and 4 hadn't been constructed yet, along with the tunnel beneath 24th Ave, connecting to 1 and 2, shown above.  One thing that I am thankful that does still remain is the Lee Apartment building, upper-edge-center.

8 hours ago, bhibbs said:

56d7f8fc381e55deceb48a4d970c3713.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd think whoever decided to develop there would at least save a little money because excavation is already done. Then again, with all the projects going up with above ground parking I wonder if this is hurting prospective development? I'm surprised it's filled up already. Was it completely emptied out??

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Looks like 'the hole' has already filled back up with water.  Palmer should be forced to live in a lean-to shelter next to his pit until he gets his issues resolved.

I still don't get why he hasn't sold yet. Is he sitting on it, thinking it's going to get more and more valuable? I'd think he's probably just about past his peak...

Either way, I am totally on board with incarcerating him inside that fence until he figures out what to do with it.

• Like 2

The site for the upcoming W project (19 stories, 250 hotel rooms, 200 residential units, retail, restaurant, and parking garage) in the Gulch. Looking forward to final renderings soon.

Looking SW along Laurel St. towards 12th Avenue South.

W Hotel site 1, April, 2016.jpg

Looking south along the eastern edge of the property.

W Hotel site 2, April, 2016.jpg

Looking SE from the corner of 12th Avenue South and Laurel.

W Hotel site 4, April, 2016.jpg

Looking southward along the western edge of property from corner of Laurel and 12th Avenue South.

W Hotel site 13, April, 2016.jpg

The initial basic rendering.  Perspective is looking NE along 12th Avenue South.

W Hotel render 3, March 2106.jpg

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 3

When I showed this photo to my wife she said, "her head is at a very strange angle... is that a good angle?" If you look at her left arm, it looks bent in such a way that her hand would be in the proper position. Her right arm is also strangely wrapped around her head. I just thought it looks like she's straightening out a crick in her neck. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1