1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

12 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

Not that much going on today although I wondered if what those guys were working on might be a crane base.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me might comment on that idea.

Didn't you hear?  The tower idea was scrapped and now they're just doing Styx 2.0

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I would actually expect concrete for this whole tower.

Interesting. So would that be because of the height, or the fact it will be residential (for sound mitigation) or other reasons? OK... just saw your reply above this one. 

I appreciate your insight. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Interesting. So would that be because of the height, or the fact it will be residential (for sound mitigation) or other reasons? OK... just saw your reply above this one. 

I appreciate your insight. 

When I moved into The Viridian down the street which is also concrete I was very surprised that sound seems to be transmitted very well which is unfortunate because when someone from even two stories above or below my floor and even at the other end of the building is having work done with power tools it's incredibly loud in my unit!  I had imagined that concrete floors would block all of that noise but it doesn't!  Thankfully my neighbors aren't loud.  So now I'm wondering what it would be like in a building with steel.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

When I moved into The Viridian down the street which is also concrete I was very surprised that sound seems to be transmitted very well which is unfortunate because when someone from even two stories above or below my floor and even at the other end of the building is having work done with power tools it's incredibly loud in my unit!  I had imagined that concrete floors would block all of that noise but it doesn't!  Thankfully my neighbors aren't loud.  So now I'm wondering what it would be like in a building with steel.

Interesting. I'm looking to get into the Viridian in a couple years and wasn't anticipating that.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, e-dub said:

Interesting. I'm looking to get into the Viridian in a couple years and wasn't anticipating that.

Things came to a head right after I moved in about six months ago when they were having a tough time trying to get rid of the glue on the concrete floor left over from the old flooring that they ripped out.  They spent quite a few days and it was driving everybody crazy with the racket.  It was on the other end of the building two floor above my place and it sounded like it was next door so I can't imagine what it was like if you were on the same floor!  They ended up restricting certain types of flooring which also affected the flooring I was having installed.  They tried to just ban power tools but that's just not practical.  However, they do a great job of running this place and all of the employees are very helpful and friendly.  It's rare when this sort of thing happens and I would definitely recommend living here, I'm so glad that I bought this condo, I love living downtown!

• Like 3