1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

38 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

If I had to guess, I would say they won't. This is most likely to get folks from Church Street back to the YMCA entrance only. It is very possible that they will eventually be shutting down the sidewalk along the construction frontage just like they have done for the other two Tony G projects. Not that I agree with it, but prolly what will happen.

That makes sense, I thought about how you can't walk around the Prime location although I see that they've built some sidewalks and maybe they'll be able to open up the traffic lane again.  Traffic in this area is terrible right now because of the work on the Broadway bridge.  It's going to be a long time before the construction is completed in this area, at least three years I would guess, so it's going to be a mess!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

They've got three of those machines digging into the rock this afternoon and trucks are being loaded fairly fast.  At this rate I think it's going to be cleared away in a matter of days.  I would imagine that they'll have to reinforce the area around the foundation of the old YMCA building to protect it during construction and they're getting pretty close to it.

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

https://www.liveworkplaynashville.com/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MontanaGuy said:

That's a very surprising thing to hear because it seems like foundation work should begin any day now!

A big pile of rock that was there yesterday is now gone and they're filling up a truck with more today!  On the third photo you might be able to make out four markers with red flags in a square shape, I'm wondering if that could be the location for the core.  Total speculation on my part!

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

Probably going to start with the YMCA first with the tower to follow. 

• Like 4