1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

Does the fact that they only go to the 40th floor concern anyone? Is this just because all the units  to that level will be for rent apartments ? So they will be builder spec. And units above that are condos, so maybe the buyers will have a choice of materials and configuration? Please don’t tell us it’s being reduced to 40 stories! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

This is from Saturday, I'm wondering how deep they're going to have to dig before they can start building it.  I was under the impression that it wouldn't have to be all that deep. 

IMG_0042.JPG

I was thinking the same, looks to be only two or three underground parking levels. Not thinking it should be much deeper then this picture. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

This is from Saturday, I'm wondering how deep they're going to have to dig before they can start building it.  I was under the impression that it wouldn't have to be all that deep. 

IMG_0042.JPG

As far as the section of the Y is concerned…I think it just has to be deep enough for a basement level swimming pool. No parking over there for the Y.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MontanaGuy said:

I'm guessing it's directly below the words "apartment amenities" on the left side of the diagram at the very top.  I can't imagine they're going to stick the pool in some basement, it'll be out in the sunshine like every other pool in town.

I think the pool in question is the one for the Y, not the residential tower. Seems I recall the only pool in the old Y was a rather large indoor pool, probably Olympic sized. And it was indoors, for use year round. Exercise pool, not resort pool. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I think the pool in question is the one for the Y, not the residential tower. Seems I recall the only pool in the old Y was a rather large indoor pool, probably Olympic sized. And it was indoors, for use year round. Exercise pool, not resort pool. 

Was thinking the same. Unfortunately for people who used the old pool for lap swimming, the plans I've seen show that the new one will have 4 fewer lanes; and I did not see a second pool for aerobics classes. The old building also had a non-lap pool on the roof. I enjoyed the old lap pool because it had windows on two sides with lots of natural light. If the new one is in the basement, that won't be the case. 

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I think the pool in question is the one for the Y, not the residential tower.

Oops, I'll just blame that on my old age!  One thing that's confusing though is the diagram seems to be showing the little bit for the YMCA on the far right with the main building in the middle.  I had been thinking that the main part of the building was going to be right on that corner so am I wrong about that too?

37 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

Oops, I'll just blame that on my old age!  One thing that's confusing though is the diagram seems to be showing the little bit for the YMCA on the far right with the main building in the middle.  I had been thinking that the main part of the building was going to be right on that corner so am I wrong about that too?

Yeah, the corner of Church and YMCA Way will be the Y.  The new section of the Y is fairly shallow though. When the Y is done I’m sure it will look nice, but overall I think we are loosing amenities. It’s disappointing on that front. I know lots of long time regulars that have moved on to other Ys (or other gyms). I guess time will tell if they come back…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1