1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

13 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

I’m definitely not an Engineer or anything like that, I’m just wondering if those pipes they placed in the ground, have anything to do with something like radon gases. A vent of some sort, doesn’t seem like they connected them to anything just put them in a drilled hole.

That's an interesting thought, I really don't know, I thought it was to provide extra support for the building but I don't have any background in construction either.  There's quite a few people here who do have extensive experience or knowledge of construction techniques so maybe one of them could explain it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Definitely something different than what we usually see. Is this possibly something to do with a new swimming pool area ? Or is there parking garage across the whole surface excavated? 

Interesting observation. IIRC that is the location of the pool in the plans I saw. I bet you're right. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

I’m thinking that hole in center is for the second tower crane, of course I can be wrong but it looks like it has the possibility. 

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it but then I noticed that the machine is actually breaking down those big rocks into smaller ones and that really small grader is then pushing the pieces away.  I saw them doing the same thing at another part of the site a week or two ago.  You might be right though, I'll check it out tomorrow! 

• Like 2