1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

On 7/3/2023 at 9:45 AM, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Looks like they are really ramping up construction!! Tons more equipment and they are ready to start structural elements soon, I would think.

So excited to see this one go up.

Hoping your perspective is more representative of the truth than mine.  I'm trying to understand how such a small (by area) and shallow hole is taking so long to complete.  I'm hoping my perspective is being colored by my desire to finally see a new tallest rise.  #skittish

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nashville born said:

Hoping your perspective is more representative of the truth than mine.  I'm trying to understand how such a small (by area) and shallow hole is taking so long to complete.  I'm hoping my perspective is being colored by my desire to finally see a new tallest rise.  #skittish

Yeah, There seems to be a lot of “activity” (moving dirt around) but not any progress.  I hope I’m wrong but I’m suspicious it’s becoming another 1001. 

1 hour ago, samsonh said:

What are you guys talking about? They are literally working everyday.

Based on the schematics, the foundation will be unusually shallow for a building that size. But from the pictures everybody is posting it looks like the digging is even shallower than the schematic.  If I were standing at the edge of the pit, I’m sure it would look much more impressive.

• Like 1