1010 Church Street (60 story/750', 500 unit residential tower, 7 story/60,000 sq. ft. YMCA addition), $350 million

markhollin

25 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

Not much happening today but I did notice that the attachment on the end of the machine on the third photo appears to be designed to smooth out the rock wall after they've removed as much rock as needed.  They've also added more water which I hope means that concrete will soon be poured.

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

Thanks for the diligent photos. I don't know if that is a "smoothing" tool per say. They may be getting too close to the existing building or public ROW to use the chisels (cause too much vibration). To me, this looks like a grinder of sorts to allow them a more precise way of excavation as they are up against the constraints of the property and cannot "over excavate".

Then again, I could be completely wrong and someone with more experience please correct me  haha

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

Not much happening today but I did notice that the attachment on the end of the machine on the third photo appears to be designed to smooth out the rock wall after they've removed as much rock as needed.  They've also added more water which I hope means that concrete will soon be poured.

IMG_0452.JPG

Thanks for keeping us updated on the photos.   Re concrete, there are no forms built yet, so I doubt concrete is imminent.  I expect the water is sprayed on the walls during excavation to keep the dust down.  Just a guess.   

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

Yes, I think it's going to be November for the tower itself but the new YMCA section is supposed to opening in September of next year according to this article: Major permit issued for YMCA site skyscraper | Development | nashvillepost.com

Two of the machines were working this afternoon but not much progress and it's seriously hot today!

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

Any thoughts on where this will be by years end? Could it be at Church Street level? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

But then I am reminded that skyscraper construction takes a long time. For example, the 1,073 foot Brooklyn Tower here in downtown Brooklyn, took about 4 years from excavation until topping off late last year.  But it was well worth the wait!

Yeah, I love that building and it seemed like it took forever to finally top out!  I think this one is supposed to take about three years!

• Like 4