Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

There was some discussion of the ATT tower lighting last week, but I do not know which heading the chatter was posted under.  In a nutshell, the building is undergoing an energy overhaul and the new lighting scheme is only partially in effect.  There shall be more light when Batman says "LET THERE BE LIGHT."

Edited by donNdonelson2

Batman is pretty dark right now. Hope you'll be able to see the new look on SciCam once the switch is flipped on all the new lighting!

Also, science center cam has moved location on their website. If you have the old web address bookmarked, it will appear out of service...but I found it.

http://www.adventuresci.org/cool-stuff/

Batman is pretty dark right now. Hope you'll be able to see the new look on SciCam once the switch is flipped on all the new lighting!

Also, science center cam has moved location on their website. If you have the old web address bookmarked, it will appear out of service...but I found it.

http://www.adventuresci.org/cool-stuff/

Thanks for the info!  I can definitely see a difference in the lighting.  Hard to tell what is left to be changed out and if the lighting on the bridge and slanted roof will be lighted.  Any idea when it will be complete?

Edited by bruceman73

I just glanced up at one of AT&T's spires and saw a little white speck on one... Appears some lonely individual is precariously perched up there working on the lights at this very moment!

I'll keep an eye on it as our evenings get darker and post a photo for the curious.

Not sure where to put this: 

The November 4th Council agenda includes a resolution on first reading permitting Metro to make an offer on the potential site of a new police station on Murfreesboro Road  http://www.nashville.gov/mc/resolutions/term_2011_2015/rs2014_1278.htm.  I can't recall the exact address, but it's not too far out from downtown in the Lafayette/Murfreesboro area.  This would be the second time that Metro retrofitted an old car dealership to be a police precinct.  The other is the new West Police Precinct on Charlotte Pike.

Putting a police precinct there could do wonders for the safety of that area.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 2

From the Post: currently locked

Developer unveils Division project details

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2014/10/29/developer_unveils_division_project_details

"Local firm to add apartments, retail between Icon, Yazoo"

Nothing big and extravagant from the render, but at least it does include Retail and builds up to the street. This will definitely help in activating Division Street in the Gulch and hopefully spur more residential to this side.

Wasn't there a previous proposal for this site that was a retail pad with parking in the front? Definitely glad that did not happen. The current proposal is a huge improvement.

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-28%20at%2011.31.

Quote from the unlocked article...

Nashville-based Mainland Urban Development is targeting a groundbreaking early next month for its mixed-used project planned for Division Street in The Gulch.

The developer has released a rendering of the five-story building, which will be called 1000 Division and feature 31 apartments, about 6,500 square feet of ground-level retail space and underground parking. The project is being backed by equity partner T2 Capital Management out of Chicago and Columbia-based First Farmers & Merchants Bank. It is expected to be completed in early 2016.

1000DivisionMap_zpsed9ef07a.jpg

• Like 1