Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

4th is definately shaping up to be the main business strip fo Germantown. I believe tis is the burger joint you mentioned:http://nashville.eater.com/2014/5/29/6215989/virginias-jack-browns-beer-and-burger-joint-expanding-to-germantown

I think that's the place; though it's 4th and Madison not 3rd and Madison, right?

The open house at Wilder was fun. Josh and Ivy are a cool couple and they've got a mix of international and local craftspeople's products in their store.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned recently on this thread, but just out of curiosity, is there any word yet on what's going on with the HG Hill property right smack in the heart of Germantown there between Jefferson/Madison/4th/5th?

No public plans yet.They do have control of most if not all the property on that block. They are busy with the Hillsboro, Brentwood,Sylvan Heights projects, with another planned in Green Hills. It may be a little while.

I think that's the place; though it's 4th and Madison not 3rd and Madison, right?The open house at Wilder was fun. Josh and Ivy are a cool couple and they've got a mix of international and local craftspeople's products in their store.

There are 3 or 4 restaurants going in the old Peafowl theater. The burger joint I think will be at 3rd and Monroe.

Another note in that area is the group out of Phoenix closed on the property that is between 2nd and 3rd bordering Jeferson and Monroe.

• Like 1

I just want downtown Nashville to be a party atmosphere...me and my friends from Chicago would come down often if that were so...

You and your friends must be the only ones in Chicago that haven't attended a Blackhawks or Bears game in Nashville.

Southwest tickets are cheap. Preds or Titans tickets are cheaper than Blackhawks or Bears tickets. Bridgestone Arena might have more bars within walking distance than any other arena in the country. 

I have heard a Chicago fan say "man, I don't even like Country Music, but this town is fun!" 

Yes, it's the alcohol talking, but there are many, many visiting fans (not just Chicago) that comment what a great party atmosphere we have.

The burger joint I think will be at 3rd and Monroe.

It'll be at 3rd & Madison, actually.  Noticed this sign while on a bike ride today:

634349fa-6747-4d69-be55-7f6394a17666_zps

The buildings in the background in the first picture are Christie Cookie and the Square at 4th.  The 2nd picture is, presumably, what will be the future burger joint.  

Edited by Bezoar
  • Like 1

Bridgestone makes it official, from Getahn Ward at the Tennessean...  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/11/10/bridgestone-americas-headquarters-sobro/18790957/

And the best news... Groundbreaking tomorrow!!!   Let's see some pics now! 

Hmmm...so either they are going with the Sheet Music design or they've had a new design ready for a while now.  But...wouldn't they have had to get the design approved before breaking ground?

Channel 2 ran a rendering of the proposed Trail West rehab. I do not know if this is accurate or not.

ZfmJxr1.jpg

Oh good god.    No way this passes historical review.     It alters the existing Trail West building beyond all recognition.    Let me guess, those are all garage doors that can be raised to make all levels open air.    It's just a replica of HonkyTonk Central, including chopping off the front corner.   

Oh good god.    No way this passes historical review.     It alters the existing Trail West building beyond all recognition.    Let me guess, those are all garage doors that can be raised to make all levels open air.    It's just a replica of HonkyTonk Central, including chopping off the front corner.   

The could come in handy if the business fails and they need to turn the ground floor into a food truck park.  

Edited by Bezoar