Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Fortunately, there are plenty of other potential sites in the CBD and Sobro other than Broadway/2nd/Printers Alley where a Walgreens/CVS/RiteAid, etc, could go.  I think that the ground-floor retail space of a potential high- or mid-rise apartment/condo building would be the most logical choice.  Not only would there be street traffic, there will be a built-in market upstairs.  And a ground-floor retail space would blend in with the urban fabric and not look like, well, a suburban Walgreens/CVS/RiteAid building.

This whole debate is as old as the Trail West building itself,

Nashville will always be Nashville one building, that site is prime for developing, could have old classic mix with new features, I don't think whatever is built there will not take away From the downtown

Remember the westin was to tall , now no retail for the site, what would the city prefer to have there?

Programatically this is great news.  That's an improvement on the existing parking lot along the alley i suppose however that's a massive blank wall at the sidewalk.  That's not an improvement to the pedestrian experience and it doesn't appear to welcome or orient visitors in to the Ryman very well.  Deal with the topo change and put the cafe at the sidewalk and enhance or call out your entry a lot better.  Oh, and please plant a tree or three along that sidewalk to make it a bit more comfortable.  Oh well, it's better than the parking on the alley there now i suppose.  Wonder if the site plan (required by DTC) has been approved with that wall - surely not?

Programatically this is great news.  That's an improvement on the existing parking lot along the alley i suppose however that's a massive blank wall at the sidewalk.  That's not an improvement to the pedestrian experience and it doesn't appear to welcome or orient visitors in to the Ryman very well.  Deal with the topo change and put the cafe at the sidewalk and enhance or call out your entry a lot better.  Oh, and please plant a tree or three along that sidewalk to make it a bit more comfortable.  Oh well, it's better than the parking on the alley there now i suppose.  Wonder if the site plan (required by DTC) has been approved with that wall - surely not?

I am inclined to agree.  I don't have an objection to the brick-and-glass part coming out to the sidewalk.  But I think that the current 4th Ave-facing facade has windows that without being imitative look like they relate to the historic structure, whereas the proposed blank wall does not.  I hope that there is at least a redesign of that facade to put some kind of fenestration facing 4th Ave.

• Like 1

I was with friends in the Rolling Mill Hill area yesterday and couldn't believe how much that area has changed in the last few years.  I love the views it has of downtown and how convenient it is to 2nd Ave and the waterfront.  The terrace/promenade thing that connects to the Cumberland River Greenway is awesome.  The housing looks pretty cool, and there's tons of construction going on there.  Forget the Gulch; if I were to work in downtown Nashville, I'd look very seriously at Rolling Mill Hill.

• Like 4

Hi all. I just wanted to post and let you know I'm now registered here. Look forward to reading all of the posts and suggestions that flow through here. By the way, what are anyone's thoughts about the business concept for the southwest corner of 5th Ave North and Monroe? Would like to hear.

@TrustNashville

• Like 1

Hi all. I just wanted to post and let you know I'm now registered here. Look forward to reading all of the posts and suggestions that flow through here. By the way, what are anyone's thoughts about the business concept for the southwest corner of 5th Ave North and Monroe? Would like to hear.

@TrustNashville

Welcome, Jim! Agree with UT about your work in Germantown. Luxus is shaping up as one of my favorites.

I think you're referring to the John Root mixed use project across 5th from Luxus? Based on the designs submitted to the MHZC, most on the forum had favorable reviews. What do you think?

@TrustNashville

Looking forward to this project!  It'll be nice to have some more business space on Monroe, and look forward to hearing more about the tenants.  Any estimates on a start date?  

Also, while we have you on the horn, maybe we could get a status update on the Gramercy?