505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

Is there any chance it will have a crown? One that's not being shown in the renderings? Wishful thinking, but I'm sure something along the lines of a last-minute design change/addition has happened before. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something to add more variety to the skyline.

Regardless, I'm excited to see it rise.

Edited by VSRJ
  • Like 2

While it is rather "plain jane" I to am excited to see it rising.  I just walked by it on my way to do a showing at the Art Avenue Lofts (231 5th Ave N, awesome building btw) and I noticed how it is starting to rise from the ground.  I'm wondering how long it will take to hit street level?  My guess is end of May? Anyone know.

15 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I can't tell for sure with the wall the color it is, but it appears there might be a section above the blue glass portion that is white.  Does anyone know if that's the case or not?

When I look at the photo of this model from a sharp angle on both my laptop and larger desktop screen, I can, indeed, see a white, 2-story crown that is indented about 15 feet from each edge.  That would lend itself nicely to any number of color combinations at night with a thorough LED light array.  Combine that with complimentary accent lighting up the two darker "columns" on each side and the 505 will make a handsome addition to the nighttime skyline.  

• Like 4

On 2/27/2016 at 3:51 PM, VSRJ said:

I wonder if that's what the Renaissance will look like if/when its paint job is completed.

Not if the already completed(?) section on the right is any indication...

IMG_1583.jpg

The contrast in this image doesn't really do the new coloring its proper justice, but it still isn't a very dramatic change.

5 hours ago, Paramount747 said:

I think this tower will look so much better than the rendering. 543 feet, 547 feet, 550 feet whatever it is will loom large over Church Street and at that height elevation, it will dwarf the rest of the skyline. The ATT Tower sits at an elevation 110 feet lower than Church Street, so 505 will appear a lot taller.

If we ever do get a tower 700 feet, I think it will be on the old Hotel Tulane site at 9th and Church. That elevation is even higher, so a 700 foot tower on that site from lower Broadway will look over 800 feet.

Austin has a tower of 689 feet  going up and when all is  said and done, they will have  5 buildings over 500 feet and we will have 2. Charlotte has 6, so we are not that far behind. We just have to be patient and wait and see of we ever get a residential tower  or a hotel tower of 700 feet or taller. I would say that is doubtful. We could, however, get plenty of 500 foot towers if developers would just stretch a little. 5/3 is 492 feet and Bridgestone will be 460. So we are close. If Buckingham Gulch gets built, that will be in the high 400's. I have heard 476.

It will take a major corporate relocation of a very large bank entity to finance such a tower. We should feel incredibly lucky Tony Giarratana was able to put all of this together.

Every floor means more dollars and economically it just does not seem feasible at this moment in time, but if Nashville keeps up with it's current growth rate, maybe we will see 700 feet in 10 years or so.

I think Tony  spread his money  and investments around the city  with 505 , Sobro, Bridgestone deal, and property on West End 

Instead of  the 400 million 74 floor Signature. It was a smart  move for himself that  is a huge  risk for himself  if the tower didn’t  do well with the numbers,  I personally  think  if that same tower was planned today  ito would have been a success but not then

1 minute ago, chris holman said:

I think Tony  spread his money  and investments around the city  with 505 , Sobro, Bridgestone deal, and property on West End 

Instead of  the 400 million 74 floor Signature. It was a smart  move for himself that  is a huge  risk for himself  if the tower didn’t  do well with the numbers,  I personally  think  if that same tower was planned today  ito would have been a success but not then

Tony Giarratana still have a few more up his sleeve  we can bet on it

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

"Crowning" achievement without a crown?!?

Maybe Tony will surprise us with some sort of crown or cap, but this architectural style is about minimalism, contemporary lines, monolithic curtain wall, and understated cornice and roof line.

Edited by Paramount747