505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

The "curvy" building was designed as an office building, NOT residential. Big, wide open floor plans and special features intended to lure a major corporate HQ relocation. I would love to have seen that quirky building rise at 5 & Church, but am happy for what we ARE getting. A "box" is better than a parking lot!!!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Nice feature in BusinessReviewUSA.com on 505 contractor Archer Western and how things are progressing with the new structure:

http://www.businessreviewusa.com/Archer-Western-505-Tower-Project/profiles/154/Taking-Nashville-to-new-heights

So...it's shrunk to 524"?

I really hope Tony is sitting back and planning a way to build Nashville's tallest.  You know he'd love to leave that legacy.

• Like 1

• dmillsphoto changed the title to 505CST | 524 ft | 45 fls Church St | U/C
  • dmillsphoto changed the title to 505CST | 545 ft | 45 fls Church St | U/C
  • 2 weeks later...

Permit has been secured for the amenity deck on top of parking garage for 505 CST (from Nashville Post):  "Giarratana Nashville has secured a permit related to the construction of the amenity deck (pictured above) for its 505 skyscraper project now underway downtown. R.C. Mathews Contractor will handle the work, with the permit valued at about $2.95 million. Of note, the deck will be on top of a Metro-owned mixed-use building to accommodate ground-floor retail and structured parking."

505_amenity_deck.57239f0e2b584.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wreynol4 said:

Is the parking deck topped out yet?  Also how long until we are street level on the building?  Looks like the core is at or above street level now.

No, Parking deck still has to rise four more levels. The parking on 505 is rising about a floor per week-and-a-half, so it will be street level very soon. The core is above Church St.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2016 at 0:01 PM, dmillsphoto said:

No, Parking deck still has to rise four more levels. The parking on 505 is rising about a floor per week-and-a-half, so it will be street level very soon. The core is above Church St.

Any ideas when it's slated to be opened? The metro garage, that is.

On 5/2/2016 at 11:01 AM, dmillsphoto said:

The 505 floor being framed for the next pour is the lobby floor along Church St.    It will be all habitable space rising from here up.    

• Like 2

I walked by yesterday.   Certainly looked like the floor scaffolding was at street level on the corner of Church and the alley (next to the church).    The portion further down toward 5th is still coming up, so yes still down in the hole on that side.      

edit:   ok, so I was questioning myself.   walked by again today and snapped a pic standing at the alley entrance.    talked to a construction engineer who said yes, what we're seeing here, when poured, will be at street level.     he also told me the hydraulic lift system being used to construct the core elevator shafts is a construction method "not used around here."     the contractor is out of IL and he said this is fairly common in places like Chicago working in tight spaces.    anyway, i'm just fascinated watching this thing go up.      

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 4

I had a friend that lived at the Cumberland, and every time we were walking from her place to somewhere else downtown, I would always think, "Man, this part of town should/would rock, but it's just so dead right now and feels so empty because of that empty lot." This was back just after Signature had the final nail in its coffin, and it looked like nothing would ever get built there. I'm so glad to see life finally springing at this corner, which should be a focal point for downtown.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...