markhollin

25 minutes ago, wreynol4 said:

You have to hold your pinky finger up to your mouth Doctor Evil style whenever you say such a big number :)

Walking by the site now that it is cleared you realize how big it is. Opens your eyes a bit to the value for that big of a plot on the pedestrian bridge by the river. 

• Like 2

This excellent photo reveals the obvious fact that Pinnacle and Bridgestone buildings are of equal height despite the "facts" on the Skyscraper page.  Still waiting for an ambitious fellow with a tape measure to correct these errors.  I'm too old for that sort of thing.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Native said:

This excellent photo reveals the obvious fact that Pinnacle and Bridgestone buildings are of equal height despite the "facts" on the Skyscraper page.  Still waiting for an ambitious fellow with a tape measure to correct these errors.  I'm too old for that sort of thing.

Pinnacle is a couple blocks closer to the photographer in the above photo though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you look at those two buildings from the Adventure Science Center Webcam https://www.webcamgalore.com/webcam/USA/Nashville-Tennessee/14288.html
the Bridgestone building looks significantly taller.  There's also no way to know that the photo was taken from exactly 400 ft although they sure do look about the same height in that photo.  In any case they're both going to be much lower than The Four Seasons Hotel.  I can't wait to see it start rising!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

When you look at those two buildings from the Adventure Science Center Webcam https://www.webcamgalore.com/webcam/USA/Nashville-Tennessee/14288.html
the Bridgestone building looks significantly taller.  There's also no way to know that the photo was taken from exactly 400 ft although they sure do look about the same height in that photo.  In any case they're both going to be much lower than The Four Seasons Hotel.  I can't wait to see it start rising!

It was right around 400 ft. 

• Like 1

OK, thanks!  I'm assuming it must have been a drone.  I would think that from that fairly close point where the photo was taken that fifty feet one way or the other would change that perspective of the even height appearance pretty dramatically.  It's a great shot.  I also find myself getting confused by the height of buildings around here from both perspective and also from the hilly terrain, particularly the residential building in the Fifth and Broadway project which you can see in this same photo.  From this angle the core of the residential appears to be very close to the height of the next door Renaissance Hotel but when you view those same two buildings from the other side of town in the Nashville Yards area the Renaissance  Hotel appears to completely dwarf the residential tower.  Those drones provide some incredible images!

In watching First Ave. S. (and other streets) being shut down once again for a multi day event I wonder how the arrival of the Four Seasons will affect this. I doubt they'll be agreeable to being essentially landlocked or very inconvenienced. Hopefully SoBro will have enough "clout" in coming years to limit the street closures, like First (from Korean Vet's to Church) and parts of Demonbreun. I get closing parts of Broadway and limiting access on First, but Demonbreun needs to be kept open. Yes, I'm a curmudgeon but we are not a small town anymore. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I would think that a hotel wouldn't be cut off, just thinking of emergency services and deliveries. 

Perhaps not cut off but I heard tales of 30-45 minute exit times from 222 during the draft and last years CMA Fest (when the building was still half empty) because of the road closures and bottle necked exit options. I just don't see adding a high end hotel with high end residences to the mix will improve things. I think the time will come when event organizers have to work around residents and office workers not the other way around.

Edited by Nash_12South