markhollin

Ran by this site this morning as a section to a crane was being unloaded.  However, I didn't see that a base has been poured yet and they haven't started excavating yet.  Does anyone know what this crane section is for?  How deep will they go before building a base and going up?

The tents are still up from the breaking wind ceremony. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

Maybe they had to re-position/condition/pack the soil?

You are probably correct.  There are a few areas where they have put back rip-rap, base stone over what they dug up.   I'm not a structural person, but hopefully after watching this, the Centric and The Drury go up, i learn a few things about foundations, crane towers and high rise construction.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bark At The Sun said:

No base for the crane tower visible to me, unless one was magically created under that tent.  I really dont know what they have been doing for the last few weeks.   Alot of digging down, then covering things back up.

4seasons2.jpg

Your pic explains what I saw this morning.  It was a piece of the black crane you can see in front of the tents.  They have been assembling that crane today.

What will that crane be used for?

A Waffle House would take some real gymnastics to work in such a miniscule space, plus the cost for the land. They would also be largely dependent on residents in the immediate area to be their bread and butter in order to stay in business. Out of Towners do not come to Nashville to eat at a Waffle House and Nashvillians are not going to pay $20 for parking to go eat at a Waffle House.

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

I get the reasoning behind this statement but I firmly believe a Waffle House within walking distance of Lower Broad would be packed 24/7. It fits right in with the honky-tonk tourist experience. Drunk people from the South would eat there because they do at home and drunk people not from the South would do it because that's what drunk people from the South do. Bachelorettes would be Instagramming their hash browns every hour of the day. They should do a six-story concept there with a counter on every floor and an upper-floor entrance from the pedestrian bridge. It would be the busiest Waffle House on the planet.

There are so many tourists walking on pedestrian bridge and everyone on Broadway uses their phones to find a spot to eat.  This Waffle House would clean up.

• Like 2