markhollin

16 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

Is this due to the Four Season's construction or the adjacent Hampton Social build out in 222?

A bus went through the plates and ruptured a water main, which caused the sinkhole. I can’t confirm, but I believe the original hole that had been dug out was related to the four seasons. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Craiger said:

https://fox17.com/news/local/double-decker-tour-bus-breaks-water-main-closing-several-streets-in-downtown-nashville

That must be an over simplification. Also, I like that this is just another "blame the tourist" framing of a story. If a bus is able to bust a water main from driving on the road then someone else screwed up or the bus wasn't supposed to be there. 

Well if there are steel plates, which there were, in place beforehand, those aren't exactly 100% stable and random accidents can happen, as we've now seen. 

I have a random thought about this project.  While I agree it is very exciting and looks cool in the renderings, I can't help but wonder if this type of clientele wants to be in the middle of fireworks and NFL-style crowds several nights each year.  Access to the building will be greatly affected by Nashville's new tourism success, won't it?  The members of this forum know much more than I do about such things so take this with a grain of salt.  But, just saying....

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, chris holman said:

I've met a lot of people from all over the country downtown Nashville and they Love the Energy i mean they are envious  of Nashville and these comments are from New Yorkers. So the 4 Seasons is a perfect fit and at the Right time  I'm hoping more will follow. Being a resident at the Icon I know  personally,  you have your luxury at home then if you want the action you just walk right out the front! And it a amazing experience to have home and play right in one spot. 0 commute time, no parking problems, amazing Walkability.  4 season perks as well as downtown lifestyle it's the best of both trust me Icon Life Gulch Life!! 

Also, don't forget that most of the people you see at work most likely live in the suburbs 20 to 30 minutes away. Truly best of both worlds.

• Like 2

Another thing to mention being a resident in one these towers gives you more perks than people know . Living in the Icon I get Gulch discounts at local Bars and coffee shops, in the Gulch. FrugalMcDougall has wine tasting once a year at the recreational floor, many other companies use to promote  From the building well. It's truly a experience so many pool parties guys I can't begin to tell you the stories lol

Edited by chris holman
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, chris holman said:

Being a resident at the Icon I know  personally,  you have your luxury at home then if you want the action you just walk right out the front! And it a amazing experience to have home and play right in one spot. 0 commute time, no parking problems, amazing Walkability.  

You need to 'walk on over' to our Meet-Up today!  Would be great to see you again, Chris.   : )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Native said:

I have a random thought about this project.  While I agree it is very exciting and looks cool in the renderings, I can't help but wonder if this type of clientele wants to be in the middle of fireworks and NFL-style crowds several nights each year.  Access to the building will be greatly affected by Nashville's new tourism success, won't it?  The members of this forum know much more than I do about such things so take this with a grain of salt.  But, just saying....

Despite the naysayers, it’s a good point. The 4 Seasons would have been totally landlocked durning the NFL draft. This likely wouldn’t have happened, though, had it actually been there. 1st Ave was closed along 222 during last years CMA Fest. This year one lane was kept open and allowed exiting to Koreans Vets. The road closures will adapt to the new buildings. I think set ups for big events will go from working hours (blocking roads) to overnights. There is generally good traffic management during the actual event. It’s the days and sometimes weeks leading up to the event that needs better management regarding road closures. 

I imagine the current mayoral candidates are getting earfuls from large donors who work and live downtown. It’s easy to say we just need to be good sports about the inconveniences. It’s when the inconveniences come every few weeks that patience wears thin. I’ll also add that age factors into this. Things that rolled off my back at 28 no longer do so at 58. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, nativenashville said:

The most impactful part is the transformation this is going to make on the vagrients that congregate on the foot of the park, and underneath the pedestrian bridge. No way that type of behavior and visual detriment will be allowed to fly on the feet of a Four Seasons property.

Source: I live down here and am at the dog park, regular park daily. Anyone who thinks the type of homeless down there should stay, has zero day to day interaction with them and is unaware of the actual impact they make on livability for residents.

It's gonna make such a net positive impact on life for all of us down here.

I avoid the underside of the Pedestrian bridge because it’s essentially a homeless camp. No way that will remain status quo once this building opens. 

• Like 2

The police just get out of their cars and look at the sleeping on the concrete and benches and rarely do anything. Metro needs to pass an ordinance to ban camping, overnight sleeping, shopping carts, more than one garbage bag per person, or what ever works to discourage the activity that goes on here. 

I have sympathy but there has to be a better solution than on the city streets. When I pass the encampment under the Jefferson Street bridge it stinks because these folks just go outside the tents and use the bathroom. This is right off the Greenway. A person really does not feel safe on the Greenways with some of the situations that Metro allows. Metro could at least put port-a-johns where some of these encampments are. Many of them seem to be pretty well run if they had a place to do their business.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

The police just get out of their cars and look at the sleeping on the concrete and benches and rarely do anything. Metro needs to pass an ordinance to ban camping, overnight sleeping, shopping carts, more than one garbage bag per person, or what ever works to discourage the activity that goes on here. 

I have sympathy but there has to be a better solution than on the city streets. When I pass the encampment under the Jefferson Street bridge it stinks because these folks just go outside the tents and use the bathroom. This is right off the Greenway. A person really does not feel safe on the Greenways with some of the situations that Metro allows. Metro could at least put port-a-johns where some of these encampments are. Many of them seem to be pretty well run if they had a place to do their business.

I walk around the Pinnacle Building to access the Shelby Bridge from 3rd ave.    The stairs and the elevator off 2nd to the bridge reek badly.   Is a shame because there are public restrooms on the Riverfront side of 1st Ave.   

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bark At The Sun said:

I walk around the Pinnacle Building to access the Shelby Bridge from 3rd ave.    The stairs and the elevator off 2nd to the bridge reek badly.   Is a shame because there are public restrooms on the Riverfront side of 1st Ave.   

Yeah it's bad guys the homeless are in numbers not just on Church st park but all the green spaces in the core, riverfront, accend, and in front of the Hilton and under the bridges even on gay street. More needs  to be done overall 

• Like 4