markhollin

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Looking  west from 1st Ave. South, from just south of underpass of Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge:

Four Seasons, June 2, 2019, 3.jpg

What is the green and white truck on the right edge of this photo?  Two of them arrived on site yesterday (I've been walking by this site daily for the past few days).

On 6/2/2019 at 12:37 PM, Native said:

This excellent photo reveals the obvious fact that Pinnacle and Bridgestone buildings are of equal height despite the "facts" on the Skyscraper page.  Still waiting for an ambitious fellow with a tape measure to correct these errors.  I'm too old for that sort of thing.

Photographic distortion makes objects closer to the camera look larger.

• Like 1

True.  But if the camera is above the roof of the building the ones farther away look taller.  My point was that the photo in question was taken from a drone 400 feet up (confirmed by the photographer) so the buildings are actually of equal height.  This can also be observed from the high floors of the 505.

• Like 1

I'll give Four Seasons a pass as they are apparently wanting it to look like they will be the only hotel in town, BUT it does drive me crazy to see the NFL, ESPN, NBC and a host of other major networks use graphics from 10 years ago.  Especially when in a live broadcast where they could simply point the camera across the river.  Not to mention it is only recently that our own local networks updated most of their graphics.  I am assuming there is a huge cost associated with updating a photo that I am just not aware of.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Nashville...a rural farming community on the banks of the Cumberland. :D

With the fine harvest this season, the town grain silo is nearly full!  It'll make for a grand opening barn party the folks over at Four Seasons will never forget... hoe-cakes and moonshine for everyone!  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jarno said:

I'll give Four Seasons a pass as they are apparently wanting it to look like they will be the only hotel in town, BUT it does drive me crazy to see the NFL, ESPN, NBC and a host of other major networks use graphics from 10 years ago.  Especially when in a live broadcast where they could simply point the camera across the river.  Not to mention it is only recently that our own local networks updated most of their graphics.  I am assuming there is a huge cost associated with updating a photo that I am just not aware of.  

It's amazing how slow organizations are in keeping up with things like this. Something as simple as a generic background pic might take buy in from 5 different departments and 30 people. No joke.

1 hour ago, nativenashville said:

It's amazing how slow organizations are in keeping up with things like this. Something as simple as a generic background pic might take buy in from 5 different departments and 30 people. No joke.

Even our local tv news programs still use very outdated images of the city and downtown skyline. These old images are especially obvious in their weather segments.

Also many of the Metro Govt. Department websites use home page images of the city that are very old and out of date.   For example:

https://nashville-tn.mygovonline.com/mod.php?mod=propertytax&mode=public_lookup

18 hours ago, dxfret said:

Even our local tv news programs still use very outdated images of the city and downtown skyline. These old images are especially obvious in their weather segments.

Also many of the Metro Govt. Department websites use home page images of the city that are very old and out of date.   For example:

https://nashville-tn.mygovonline.com/mod.php?mod=propertytax&mode=public_lookup

That's either because of laziness or, most likely,  their lack of attention to detail. There are updated, high-quality stock photos of Nashville's skyline available on a variety of photo-sharing websites, including several free ones. 

• Like 1