BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

From The Tennessean:

"Palmer continues to explore the possibility of developing a pair of office buildings at the West End Summit site. He's also explored the possibility of a residential component for the development, which is still expected to include an InterContinental hotel."

How much exploring is he going to do??? He has had 14 years to explore. I understand the markets and dynamics change over time, but come on! Dora the Explorer would have found out by now. Geesh!

And if Intercontinental wanted to be in this market, they would be here by now. I'm sure they would not be waiting a decade for Palmer to secure lending and figure out what he wants to do. If let up to Palmer, Intercontinental would never be in the Nashville market.

The only thing that I can add to this is that it is past time that Metro steps in . This pit needs to be filled in because there is no doubt that it is a public health hazard. He needs to be given a time table to get things physically moving forward, or be fined a large amount for each day otherwise. I can promise you if this hole were in Knoxville (or any other city for that matter), it would have been filled in long ago....

Edited by troyboytn
  • Like 2

I am no Palmer fan, and the hole is definitely an eyesore, but a 'hazard'? Not sure I agree with that logic. I mean sure anything can be a hazard, but Palmer has the area fenced-off and it gets sprayed regularly to inhibit mosquitoes in season. The very fact that is has sat derelict for 7 or 8 years without any injurious headlines is a pretty good case that it is not an immediate hazard. 

If codes are being violated then of course they should be enforced, but short of that metro should not be involved. JMO

By now Palmer has done everything to secure financing except for actually getting on his knees in a lender's office and repeating "Pretty please" over and over again. If a lender hasn't given him money yet -- considering the huge potential of the WES site and Nashville's inner-loop in general -- I can't imagine that he'll ever get money for it.

I almost did not read past ..."getting on his knees".... I thought the comment would take a vile turn, but thank God it did not!

• Like 1

I am no Palmer fan, and the hole is definitely an eyesore, but a 'hazard'? Not sure I agree with that logic. I mean sure anything can be a hazard, but Palmer has the area fenced-off and it gets sprayed regularly to inhibit mosquitoes in season. The very fact that is has sat derelict for 7 or 8 years without any injurious headlines is a pretty good case that it is not an immediate hazard. 

If codes are being violated then of course they should be enforced, but short of that metro should not be involved. JMO

True, nothing has happened, but the minute something does Palmer had better watch out. It's a liability in any case. I'm not for sure how blight is defined and addressed in Nashville, but some cities would consider that blight that Palmer would either have to correct, or in his case, pay a fee for. I'm sure Metro's legal team has looked into this a bit; I could see an event of something bad happening and a law suit being filed against Metro for not taking preventative action against Palmer. Palmer has deep pockets so the suit could and probably would stop with him. 

• Like 1

What did you think about all the Lake Palmer jokes?

I ignore that stuff. I don’t care anymore. It doesn’t bother me. In this business you're going to take some hits. Now it's my turn to turn around and not say ‘I told you so.’ But that’s part of this business.

http://m.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2012/09/27/developer-alex-palmer-chats-about-west.html?page=all&r=full

Same song and dance.....

• 1 month later...