BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

I bet a large portion of the "crisis" comes from the southern faux-necessity of parking in the immediate surroundings of your destination. I work in Cummins Station and we have twice in the past several months had to modify my company's parking arrangement, with the most recent change necessitating some staff parking down the street at the MCC.

The only real crisis is that people might be forced to walk more than the length of a city block on a given day. Heaven forbid we actually break a sweat...

• Like 2

timmay,

Official estimate for July 4th fireworks was set at 284,000 making it the largest single event ever.

I was in downtown and had only 5-10 minutes delay while driving home. So I was impressed with the parking options, etc. I don't know what all the fuss was about

• Like 1

timmay,

Official estimate for July 4th fireworks was set at 284,000 making it the largest single event ever.

I was in downtown and had only 5-10 minutes delay while driving home. So I was impressed with the parking options, etc. I don't know what all the fuss was about

Gotcha, thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting, all the Turner banners have returned to the construction fencing.  Still alive?

I noticed that today, too. Two big blue Turner banners hanging from the fence. I don't want to get my hopes up again, but surely Turner wouldn't have put its name back on the project without some reasonably strong assurance from Palmer, would they?

That is indeed interesting, maybe something is about to happen. Palmer is the most tenacious man in Nashville development I assure you. If Tony came back from the Signature Tower failure, and to a lesser point the failed May Town Center of which he was a minor partner and marketing man, then maybe Palmer can still pull this off.

The HCA deal may not be his problem. Remember HCA backed out of Tony's proposed 50 story tower on Church Street they were also interested in.

I hope he can pull it off. Nashville is hot. He could still do the hotel and some retail.

• Like 1

I drove by either Tuesday or Wednesday and there were no Turner banners, but it looked as if they had put up new fencing. It was nice and black, not sun faded. It jumped out at me, but I second guessed myself. Are the Turner banners they just put up the same ones as before? Do the banners look faded, or do they look new?

If they look faded, I would say that Alex is just hanging onto a literal thread of hope. If they are in fact new banners, then this may be something worth pondering.

Edited by nashvillwill

Are the Turner banners they just put up the same ones as before? Do the banners look faded, or do they look new?

Can't say for sure, but they didn't appear to be faded when I glanced over. It was just a quick glance as I drove past.

I assume (and/or hope) Turner -- and not Palmer -- is responsible for the banners being returned to the fence, which makes me think that Palmer has somehow convinced Turner to stay on board with the project. If WES really is dead in the water, I can't imagine that Turner would want its name associated with a high-profile hole in the ground.

Can't say for sure, but they didn't appear to be faded when I glanced over. It was just a quick glance as I drove past.

I assume (and/or hope) Turner -- and not Palmer -- is responsible for the banners being returned to the fence, which makes me think that Palmer has somehow convinced Turner to stay on board with the project. If WES really is dead in the water, I can't imagine that Turner would want its name associated with a high-profile hole in the ground.

For a contractor it would be a non issue to stay with Palmer, kinda. If Palmer starts construction and you stay with him, you get paid until his money runs out. If you don't stay with him and he starts construction, no money at all. I think that since Turner hasn't done much at WES their name being attached to a hole isn't too bad. If we had a 350' skeleton in the skyline then it might be somewhat different, but still Turner wouldn't have technically done anything wrong. I don't know how the general public would view that though.