BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

I think they may get new office tenants but likely not the Class A tenants they are losing. The proximity to Broadway and all the tourists aren't helping sell the space. When you need a rent a cop to allow the tenants cars to exit the building, every afternoon, it's not a selling point. 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 2:46 PM, Nash_12South said:

I think they may get new office tenants but likely not the Class A tenants they are losing. The proximity to Broadway and all the tourists aren't helping sell the space. When you need a rent a cop to allow the tenants cars to exit the building, every afternoon, it's not a selling point. 

Nashville office developers learned a valuable (and expensive) lesson from that... Asurion, Amazon, 5th&Broad, Nashville Yards all have dedicated signaling for exits.

Broadwest could actually end up with some issues with their major exit off Hayes St. when that area builds up.

• Like 1

I've wondered why more record and publishing companies haven't seen fit to take offices in that building. From what I hear those folks work odd hours and are alays scouting talent, which is right outside the doors.  I'm sure I have an oversimplified "understanding" of that business. I did a quick search of current tenants came up with no record companies. 

3 hours ago, andywildman said:

This is the most logical, but still not all that feasible. By cutting back the curtain wall, the yellow areas become large thermal bridges that would allow heat to flow through the concrete. Encapsulating that becomes a challenge. The bathrooms could be reclaimed - because there is not need for gang bathrooms like that in a residential setup, but that is non-rentable space. You could potentially program it into amenity style space if possible. One option that could help with some of the typical plumbing costs could be to go micro units and have community kitchens while the units themselves only have bathrooms. There is a lot of penetrations still, but having community kitchen and laundry could potentially condense the amount of venting that needs to be done. Talk about vertical living!

• Like 2

Berkeley Research Group is relocating its Nashville office from WeHo to the 12th floor of the Broadwest office tower, taking up 12,000 sq. ft. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/management/of-note-broadwest-lands-global-consulting-firm/article_dd2520ea-cf3d-11ed-896d-d750e807023a.html

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another restaurant to be operated by the same folks who run Hall's Chophouse in the Broadwest Office Tower will open on the main floor on the north side of the lobby.

The future restaurant will offer 52 patio, 106 dining room and 32 bar seats. The patio will cover about 800 square feet, with the main dining room to be about 2,350 square feet and the bar to offer additional space.

Garvin Design Group will handle the interior design. Doster Construction will serve as construction manager.

Halls Chophouse operates from more than 10,000 square feet on the ground floor along with a 2,500-square-foot patio that fronts the Broadwest plaza.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/broadwest-tower-slated-for-restaurant/article_34d1ccc4-d674-11ee-9df9-0f892d22985c.html

And at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/02/28/hall-management-group-to-open-second-restaurant-at.html

• Like 2