BROADWEST (former West End Summit), 36 story Conrad Hilton Hotel/condo tower, 22 story/510,000 sq. ft. office tower, 4 story/125,000 sq. ft. retail/office, 1 acre plaza, 2,500 car garage, $490 million

it's just dave

I can imagine him talking to potential investors.....stuffed animals and dolls sitting around a kiddie table...and drinking fake tea.

LOL!  And the InterContinental representative that keeps telling him that they're committed to the site despite everything is a teddy bear dressed up like a true fancy gentleman with a top hat and monocle. 

• Like 4

I can imagine him talking to potential investors.....stuffed animals and dolls sitting around a kiddie table...and drinking fake tea.

Thats cold!

My concern is for the massive hole not being filled. At this point I would like to see an urban TJMaxx/Marshals or Target/Best Buy. Large retail would be perfect for the spot. 

• Like 2

Just saw where there will be a report on Fox 17 News tonight at 9 discussing Lake Palmer and some of the people complaining about it being an eyesore and unsafe.

TONIGHT on FOX 17 News at 9: It's called an eyesore by West End locals. A hole nearly the size of a city block sitting unfinished after development financing never materialized. Seven years later, many wonder if it will ever be filled by anything else besides rainwater. 

Read More at: http://www.fox17.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/nashvilles-8-million-dollar-hole-24602.shtml?wap=0

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

Here is the news video on WES

http://fox17.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/residents-puzzled-decadelong-construction-delay-giant-hole-ground-24747.shtml

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this lol...

Nothing new....same ole from Alex (working on financing and will hopefully announce something soon) and the health dept says they test the site regulary and have found no issues.

I don't think this will put any pressure on AP. If he ain't felt the pressure in 7 years, he ain't gonna feel it. His office looks right at the site and he has a nice view of all of the cranes dotting midtown, the gulch, and sobro. That's enough pressure right there.

There is no excuse for this. As usual they had a couple of things wrong in the report, but about 90% accurate. The vision started in 1998 when the first images appeared on the internet,not 2003.  In any case, the city needs to sue him to get the  hole filled.  I have heard many estimates on how deep the hole is, but in any case this is inexcusable.

• Like 2

There's no doubt that Alex Palmer must sell his devalued assets quickly because he's got a huge balloon loan payment due on Palmer Plaza, plus the staggering costs of carrying10 years worth of failures at the West End Summit.  

Palmer is notorious for being extremely difficult to work with.  I've seen him in action over the years and it's not unfair to call him arrogant, rude, unprofessional, greedy and just plain nasty.  His greed and desire for control led to his failure to obtain funding for WES and that's exactly why HCA walked away.  Alex Palmer got exactly what he deserved.  

For 10 years now Lake Palmer has been the most visible example of urban blight in all of Nashville.  Nashville is absolutely booming all around him.  It's telling that his company used to have its offices in Palmer Plaza overlooking the site of West End Summit. Now, his offices are on the opposite side of the building looking west into the sunset.  

• Like 1

I think I may have found it!  This may not mean anything to anyone else, but after much digging, I think I may have just found the first and only picture I've ever been able to find of the old Corinthian Lodge that was torn down for this mosquito hole.  It is, however, a slight chore to get to.  This website won't allow me to post the extension for the photo itself, so go here instead to the Nashville Public Library Digital Collection, and in the search bar in the upper right hand side, type "masonic lodge," and, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I BELIEVE, number one there is the old girl herself, may she rest in peace...

http://contentdm.atiba.com:8080/index.php

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1