Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

This is from the Tennessean about the very low vacancy rate for office space (citywide) especially downtown, but note the last paragraph about companies in California, Illinois and other high tax/high crime states looking to relocate to low tax states (and a "tolerance for guns")... http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130402/BUSINESS/304020071/2095/BUSINESS02

We could see two office towers going up in the next 24 months in addition to the WES 3 towers (2 office).

I hope you are right ML, maybe NCC2? I predict NCC2 will be built sooner than later with reports like the one we just read in the Tennessean. (Wishful thinking.)

Just a teaser for the upcoming meeting on Saturday:

Something may be resurrected. Get your thinking caps on people :yahoo:

Details at the meeting. I have a reliable source.

• Like 1

Just a teaser for the upcoming meeting on Saturday:

Something may be resurrected. Get your thinking caps on people :yahoo:

Details at the meeting. I have a reliable source.

I KNOW it's not it but...please be Siggy, please be Siggy, please be Siggy....

• Like 1

I cannot post it on the forum, but it's sweet!

I already told Ron, William, and Todd.

Edited by 5th & Main Urbanite

We may have a guest at the meeting. This person is who I got the info from. I will ask them to bring it up. I don't want it on the forum until I have been given the okay. Local media has not got the story either, so I will let William handle that. The best thing to do is come to the meet on Saturday at Provence!

The return of Griffin Plaza with a new developer perhaps? It's an awesome design and we haven't heard anything about the redevelopment of that site in a while. 

Oh man, that would be amazing!  Aside from huge projects like 505CST and The MCC, that might be my favorite proposal for Nashville in the past decade. 

• Like 1

Awesome site! I've enjoyed reading all the information on current and future projects going on in Nashville. I'm not from Nashville but I think the skyline is amazing and just keeps getting better. ;)

Welcome to the forum Future Sailor. Looking forward to more post from you. Feel free to join us this Saturday at Provence at the Library at 10 am for the forum meet.

I will post when I can, but a clue is the project is in Davidson County, TN! If I say where, you will know right off. The other tidbit is the brand Tony is approaching for his hotel. I already told William, Ron, and Todd. I know everyone probably will guess that right off, but it is a luxury brand.

Believe me I am dying to say, but I promised my source I would not say anything, and I don't want to jinx the project

• Like 2

I will post when I can, but a clue is the project is in Davidson County, TN! If I say where, you will know right off. The other tidbit is the brand Tony is approaching for his hotel. I already told William, Ron, and Todd. I know everyone probably will guess that right off, but it is a luxury brand.

Believe me I am dying to say, but I promised my source I would not say anything, and I don't want to jinx the project

Please don't let it be some some resurrected form of May Town. I just can't deal with that debate again.

I would love it to be the Westin at 3rd and Broad (is that even possible with the historic commission?). Would be nice to even out the skyline a bit between SOBRO and CBD.

I hope it's Signature Tower.  It just seems like perfect timing for it now. Perhaps it could be a hotel/office tower instead.  I wouldn't even care if it was only 800', I just loved the design.

Considering the fact that Tony has 505CST now as the proposal for the site, I'd say 99.99% heck no is that project coming back.

I'm betting that it's either Griffin Plaza or NCC2 being the project.