Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

I will post when I can, but a clue is the project is in Davidson County, TN! If I say where, you will know right off. The other tidbit is the brand Tony is approaching for his hotel. I already told William, Ron, and Todd. I know everyone probably will guess that right off, but it is a luxury brand.

Believe me I am dying to say, but I promised my source I would not say anything, and I don't want to jinx the project

Definitely share the news when you can. I'm booked solid this weekend so I won't be able to make the meet tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for something good.

Now that the meeting is over, can you share with us whom weren't able to attend what the "big" news was ?

Definitely share the news when you can. I'm booked solid this weekend so I won't be able to make the meet tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for something good.

Yes, please... dying of suspense myself here. Hoping it will be something that will be realistic and actually make an impact! :)

We agreed at the meeting, 12 of us, that we would not post anything until something official is released. I don't want to put this person on the spot, but I will say, and you can draw your own conclusions, that the condo market in  downtown is about to get hot again because there are no units available. The stock, or inventory, of available condos is zero. The condos that are selling are off market,  and they close within a day or so. I have an agent friend that has 30+ clients looking for downtown condos,  and more than one condo developer is aware  of the need.

Therefore with that being said, there is a possibility that aforementioned  condo projects that were scraped in the past could be on the table again. There is also talk the Sobro could be built as condos instead of apartments since Ray Hensler is  doing 23 stories of apartments in The Gulch.

The other bit of news was there are three entities applying for TIF money to build a four star full service hotel. The 2 main players are known, Tony Giarratana, and Swerdling. The third entity is unknown, but the brand names are Westin, Grand Hyatt, Marriott Marquis, and Peabody. The properties are the original Westin site on 2nd and Broadway, The lot the Baptist's currently own on 8th and Demonbreun, The triangle lot behind the MCC near the Roundabout that basically fits in between KVB and Lafayette Street, and an unknown lot possibly the Bert Matthews Property on 4th and KVB.

The other bit of news is the rendering for the 20 story office tower Eakin Partners wants to do is on site in The Gulch.

BY the end of the summer we could have:

1) West End Summit Towers 1, 2, and 3 17, 18, and 20 stories

2) Ray Henlser Tower 23 stories

3)  The Eakin Tower 20 stories

4) The Patel Project on West End 10 stories

5) The Patel Project on KVB 14 Stories

6) The Hilton Garden Inn on Almond Street 11 stories

7) The Sobro 33 stories

All going up at once. This does not include the possibility of a scraped project coming to light again.

Don't count out a 400+ foot tower being announced for the CBD  soon.

Nashville is about to explode. I do wish all of this was being built on surface lots downtown, but Nashville is becoming more linear, so CBD enthusiasts like myself are going to have to deal with major developments being built out of downtown.

It sounds like it's going to be exciting times for Nashville over the next few years.  Any idea when the news that you guys agreed not to disclose will go public?  

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

That may be awhile until William speaks to the developer. I suspect by the end of the summer things will be a lot clearer. In regards to the Eakin Tower it appears to be 18 stories and not 20 and the rendering is up along with equipment on site.

That may be awhile until William speaks to the developer. I suspect by the end of the summer things will be a lot clearer. In regards to the Eakin Tower it appears to be 18 stories and not 20 and the rendering is up along with equipment on site.

Can you PM an unfortunate soul that lives all the way out in Virginia Beach?  I'd make it to a forum meet if I could  :)

It's a little disheartening that the builders seem to be scaling back a little from their original plans. (WES, gulch projects). I'd almost rather have 2-3 high rises instead of several mid rises pop up. But that's just me. I like sky-line defining projects.

Totally agree!

Does anyone know what is going into the old Schlotzsky's at Nippers Corner?

The Schlotzsky's closed within the last month, and the building is being remodeled into something else.  Very curious to know what it's going to be.

I noticed that. No idea what it is supposed to be. They don't have a sign up.

Does anyone know what is going into the old Schlotzsky's at Nippers Corner?

The Schlotzsky's closed within the last month, and the building is being remodeled into something else.  Very curious to know what it's going to be.

The attendant at the Shellmart told me it's going to be a Bojangles.

Does anyone know what is going into the old Schlotzsky's at Nippers Corner? The Schlotzsky's closed within the last month, and the building is being remodeled into something else. Very curious to know what it's going to be.
The attendant at the Shellmart told me it's going to be a Bojangles.
Oh... :{sodEmoji.|} Well, that makes sense- the exterior architectural changes do look like...Colonial%20Bojangles.jpg Edited by MusicCityWest

Totally agree!

It's a little disheartening that the builders seem to be scaling back a little from their original plans. (WES, gulch projects). I'd almost rather have 2-3 high rises instead of several mid rises pop up. But that's just me. I like sky-line defining projects.

Have to disagree on this one. I'd rather have the street-defining infill of more projects, even if mid or low rise, than a "cool" skyline that becomes towers surrounded by fields of pavement at the street level.

Deja vu. Seems like this was a running debate on this forum way back in the last, pre-recession building boom. Shorties!

• Like 1

Have to disagree on this one. I'd rather have the street-defining infill of more projects, even if mid or low rise, than a "cool" skyline that becomes towers surrounded by fields of pavement at the street level.

Deja vu. Seems like this was a running debate on this forum way back in the last, pre-recession building boom. Shorties!

Anything but a surface parking lot, but eventually we will run out of surface lots and the only way to build new construction is to demolish more buildings. Going up with LEED certified buildings like The Pinnacle help reduce the carbon footprint.

Agreed with the street-defining infill. The 3-7 story range give you the human scaled architecture if it's built to the street. I love places like Past Perfect and the Fiesta Mexicana on 4th Avenue. They would not have the same vibe in a high rise.