Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Compromise is better than remodeling. 

I'd like to see the plans before I pass too much judgment here...I noticed they said it will be closer to 12th by 25 feet...which according to my imprecise google maps measuring, still puts it 25-30 feet from the street (better than 50-55 currently...but still only a marginal improvement). Landscaping...sounds great. My biggest concern...how will it look on Broadway? A line of trees and landscaping would be OK...but it still wouldn't justify a big parking lot fronting our premier thoroughfare. 

All in all, I'm guessing Metro considered this to not be worth a long, drawn out ordeal.

Agree fully, UTgrad

WW

Has anyone else read this yet? Comdata is looking for 300k+ sq ft of build to suit office space for a new HQ because they're pinched in Maryland Farms. I would hope any of the developers with proposals downtown are reaching for this company.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2013/05/comdata-refutes-report-about-atlanta.html

Celebrate that news at one of the 115 Nashville Bike Month events this month!

http://www.nashvillebikemonth.com/

Thanks for the link. I did ride in the Ride for Reading event Tuesday, Karl Dean was a no show though. 

I will probably be at Ride615's 1 year anniversary also depending on the weather.

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 1

With the MCC getting ready to open, I wonder what the next "big" project will be for downtown?  I'm surprised we haven't heard an announcement for another full service hotel or condo/apartment tower.  Seems very quiet lately.

Patience Grasshopper. I am sure we will have an announcement soon on which hotel project will get the TIF. I am also optimistic we will have a couple of more announcements of note this year. I don't know anything, its just what my spidey sense is telling me.

• Like 1

Patience Grasshopper. I am sure we will have an announcement soon on which hotel project will get the TIF. I am also optimistic we will have a couple of more announcements of note this year. I don't know anything, its just what my spidey sense is telling me.

Ha ha thanks.  I hope that your spidey sense is correct  :thumbsup:

not really sure where to put this, but bits and pieces sounds good.  this is a time lapse of development from satellites since the 80s.  it starts on Las Vegas but you can zoom out and back in to anywhere in the world.  If you go to Nashville and include the whole area in the picture you can really see the suburbs explode. 

http://earthengine.google.org/#intro/LasVegas

not really sure where to put this, but bits and pieces sounds good.  this is a time lapse of development from satellites since the 80s.  it starts on Las Vegas but you can zoom out and back in to anywhere in the world.  If you go to Nashville and include the whole area in the picture you can really see the suburbs explode. 

http://earthengine.google.org/#intro/LasVegas

WOW, that is awesome!  Thanks for sharing that with us!

Good article on the fairgrounds battle today in the City Paper. This is a battle I do not understand. Very few Davidson County residents use the fairgrounds, fair attendance is dwindling, and racetrack attendance is non existent as well. Add to that the facilities cost money to maintain and will require a subsidy in the near future to keep the doors open. It is fairly obvious that the fairgrounds are not the best and highest use of this land.

I would love to see a mixed use redevelopment, one that could make the area safer as well as create tax paying property owners. As a Davidson County resident this is most important for me.

Can someone explain why people want to save the fairgrounds?

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Feast in East Nashville closing already. The owner, a friend of mine, is going to change the name and concept. More to come.

Looks like the American National Bank building on the corner of 3rd and Broadway is getting a facelift and redone on the inside. Any scoop on what's going on here?

Oh good, I hope it's something a little more fitting for the architecture than a tattoo parlor!  Not that there's anything wrong with tattoo parlors, just seems like a waste of such a beautiful little corner building.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

I was going to post the Tennessean article about the Casey Homes, but I  just saw it was in another thread.

Edited by 5th & Main Urbanite