Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Looks like the year Opryland flooded. 1973? The river is pretty high.

That photo is closer to 1981. That was when the James K. Polk Building was finished, and you can see it in the photo behind the telephone utilities building on 2nd. If it were taken in 1973, neither it nor the (former) Hyatt Regency would be in the picture (and the then-First American Bldg would be under construction, and probably wouldn't be visible, either, depending upon the time of year).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

I wish the NFL and NHL would use this skyline shot when they air games. They either show the shot of just the batman building from the ghost ballet or skyline shots (before The Pinnacle Building). 

Nashville looks great in the above. 

It's funny.  I've caught Fox Sports South use VERY old night videos of flying over Nashville in the past few Preds seasons.  Some didn't have the MCC in it.  They need an update.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Oh my!  That siding on the new Hines 222 Tower!  Frightening!  Looks like a high rise mobile home... but I don't mean to insult mobile homes. 

Wow, I hate that you pointed that out. Now that is all I see in that picture. I know we all exaggerate our disdain for some projects, but that is hideous. It really does look like they just threw up some metal roof panels that you would put on a barn. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

It really does look like they just threw up some metal roof panels that you would put on a barn.

Admittedly, it's far from the most attractive facade imaginable....but I want to see the entire project finished before rendering (pun) my judgement. Also, compared to Cambria, this thing has moved at a glacial pace.

• Like 2

Still can't believe the zebra slides are what they decided to cover the parking garage with. All four sides to boot? Way to ugly up the block. Can't wait until they start to have rust streaks running down them.

SoBro renters have limited views as well as having to look at the zebra one day also? Can't be a huge selling point for them.

Edited by Alley
  • Like 3