Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

18 hours ago, VSRJ said:

Would anyone mind pointing out which buildings are gone? I'm still relatively new to Nashville, so it's hard to tell, especially with all the buildup in the area.

In addition to the aforementioned buildings, except for McKendree Church, barely seen in the lower foreground, virtually every building in that photo between the Church & Commerce blocks all the way to 8th have been demolished (with only the Berger Bldg fronting 8th, and that white garage tower still standing). About 6 bldgs. on the west side of 8th above and below Commerce were demolished in the '80s to "open up" the area south of the Baptist Sunday School Bldg.

9 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I'd say most of us are probably in the same boat as fans of Nashville and fans of cool architecture.  I think you're massively underestimating your contribution here!  

Thanks so much.  I read all of the comments from members on this board and often feel pretty inadequate when it comes to adding a proper comment myself (though that rarely stops me from trying) :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Thanks.  I don't have a lot to contribute, other than what I find online.  I'm a huge fan-girl of skyscrapers and huge fan of Nashville...but know very little about the built environment. But...ever since I read a little children's book about building a city in the 3rd grade, I've had a love for maps, buildings, skyscrapers and how things fit together in a city-scape.  Just a fan.

Have you ever come to one of our Meet-Ups?  Lots of fun meeting other folks who have similar passions for city planning, development, architecture, etc.  I have no formal training...just love learning and conversing.  You would be most welcome, titanhog.  There are usually about 15-20 of us that meet the first Saturday of every month at The Perch downtown on the NE corner of James Robertson parkway and 3rd Ave. North Free parking, and good coffee/food.  Nest meeting is Sat. April 1st at 10 AM.  : )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Have you ever come to one of our Meet-Ups?  Lots of fun meeting other folks who have similar passions for city planning, development, architecture, etc.  I have no formal training...just love learning and conversing.  You would be most welcome, titanhog.  There are usually about 15-20 of us that meet the first Saturday of every month at The Perch downtown on the NE corner of James Robertson parkway and 3rd Ave. North Free parking, and good coffee/food.  Nest meeting is Sat. April 1st at 10 AM.  : )

And that's not an April fools day joke!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

fyi, sim city 4 runs on windows 10 just fine.  if you still have the cd case, you can use the software key to download it form the origin (ea) store onto any computer.  if not, buy it again,  it is still great!

I highly recommend Cities XL also. You can download actual buildings and put them in your city. I will see if I can find photos of some of my cities. It is cool having say One World Trade Center next to Shanghai World Financial Center.