UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds great! I love the upstairs location, but as long as they stay in business, I'll take it. I wonder where this will be located. Gsupstate could be right. :dontknow:

I love that upstairs location too. If it's not a tea bar, I could see it being a great late night bar. Greenville has some underground bars, but I can't think of any second or third floor bars. This spot could be great with the large windows in the front....live band playing.....windows open......music spilling into the street. :thumbsup: Along the same vain as Chicora Alley, though that isn't a late night bar really.

I love that upstairs location too. If it's not a tea bar, I could see it being a great late night bar. Greenville has some underground bars, but I can't think of any second or third floor bars. This spot could be great with the large windows in the front....live band playing.....windows open......music spilling into the street. :thumbsup: Along the same vain as Chicora Alley, though that isn't a late night bar really.

I love the vision you're painting. That's one thing I love about walking around in a downtown, whether it's Clemson or Greenville, is the music spilling onto the streets. I can't get enough of that vibe. And something like that could definitly survive the location because the noise would be a beacon to the people on the streets. :)

There's a sign in the window of the downtown Sprouts location (on Washington next to Wild Wing) announcing that they're moving to a "larger downtown location, t.b.a." Sprouts' current location is definitely smaller than O-Cha, and being off Main, the rent may be dramatically lower than what they're paying now.

Another possibility, now that I think about it, is the very small storefront to the left of Sprouts where the burger place used to be. I'm sorry THAT business didn't work out -- what amazing burgers they had! :)

Anybody noticed the Cantinflas/Senor Wraps on Haywood is under remodel and becoming a free standing Chick-Fil-A?

That sale was listed in the Journal a couple weeks ago. I'm sorry to see Senor Wraps go, but it is a great location for a CFA (for me at least).

That sale was listed in the Journal a couple weeks ago. I'm sorry to see Senor Wraps go, but it is a great location for a CFA (for me at least).

It was a lease not a sale, the one on Woodruff Rd. was sold.

Hmm...now that gets my curiosity up. I had been imaging it in the lobby of the BoA building kinda like Nature's Table was in the lobby of my old office building back in Orlando. Now I'm wondering where the heck they're going. "Down" in my mind means South Main. Probably closer to Falls Park and RiverPlace like everything else, if I had to guess.

I think they are crazy to move. That place was extremely busy. I had a few people on the street ask what had happened. To plan on a move and not put a sign up or tell people is very risky. Im sure they will be fine where ever they move to but it will set them back a bit.

I hope that they land somewhere quickly. I ate there at least once a week for lunch and will miss them. I had heard that their landlord raised their rent too steeply for them to stay in the same location. Maybe this will result in two places to eat, wherever Sprouts ends up, and whatever takes over their location. Hopefully the former Sprouts will not end up another vacant casualty downtown.

But meanwhile the city has complained about me opening past 10:00pm. They have put in effect an ordinance that states street vendors can not be open past 10:00pm. This ticks me off. I stay open till about 11:30 on Fri and Sat and Ill fight till the end.I'am no different than any other rest open at night. I Have not got a straight answer from them as to why. I have written 2 letters to the city manager and have had no response. I just want till 12:00am. Im not even asking for anything out of the ordinary. I guess its how many palms you grease or Hospitality Tax Dollars you give the city a month.

But meanwhile the city has complained about me opening past 10:00pm. They have put in effect an ordinance that states street vendors can not be open past 10:00pm. This ticks me off. I stay open till about 11:30 on Fri and Sat and Ill fight till the end.I'am no different than any other rest open at night. I Have not got a straight answer from them as to why. I have written 2 letters to the city manager and have had no response. I just want till 12:00am. Im not even asking for anything out of the ordinary. I guess its how many palms you grease or Hospitality Tax Dollars you give the city a month.

The city has no business shutting down any businesses at a certain hour that generate revenue for them. I can remember a couple of years ago seeing a show at the 40 Watt in Athens that didn't get out until 1am and there was a sausage vendor outside of the venue that was making an absolute killing. After several beers, you need something to eat!

^ Beer is OK on the street, just not hard liquor. It's always a tough decision where to sit at places like Bistro Europa with sidewalk dining. Sidewalk and beer or inside and liquor.

Not sure how the exact ordinance reads.

Archived