UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

I've heard NOTHING, but I certainly hope they're looking at the area across the highway that's currently listed through Prudential. That'd be a GREAT Location for some new development.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the rumored development for that area? The restaurant group I heard about today is from Atlanta. Isn't the rumored development by an Atlanta group also? Someone posted about this development....btoy maybe. :dontknow:

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the rumored development for that area? The restaurant group I heard about today is from Atlanta. Isn't the rumored development by an Atlanta group also? Someone posted about this development....btoy maybe. :dontknow:

I definitely recall hearing that an Atlanta developer has plans for the Pete Hollis Gateway area. I have not heard specifically where they are planning something, though. Could this be a significant development that could help that area?

I went on the Brown Street Club website to check out their menu. and noticed that they are going to be closed for a month or so for expansion. They must be doing well. anybody know what the expansion entails?

That's kind of weird. They practically just opened. I wonder if they are expanding up or sideways? I suppose the owner has enough money to not have to worry about but what about the employees?

I went on the Brown Street Club website to check out their menu. and noticed that they are going to be closed for a month or so for expansion. They must be doing well. anybody know what the expansion entails?

I don't know anything about this, but it sounds great! I'm glad that this "hidden" establishment is doing so well. I think it goes to show that depending on your product and getting your name out, that stuff can survive off of Main Street.

Here is a photo of the small area (not a great photo, too much in the way). The wall to the right is the building being redeveloped for Pomegranate. The space was a small empty space between the buidlings, where I'm sure an old building had been torn down. From the looks of this, I'm guessing the restaurant will us this space for outdoor seating / a courtyard. :dontknow:

DSC03077.jpg

How is this place coming along in the West End???

How is this place coming along in the West End???

That wall is covered with some nice cobalt blue 1' square tiles now. It's looking great! It'll definitely have some outdoor appeal to it, I think. Can't wait to try some Lamb Kabob (hopefully it's on their menu)! :thumbsup:

As for the inside of the building, it's difficult to tell how it's going, but if the outside is any indication, then the inside must be going great guns, too.

As for the inside of the building, it's difficult to tell how it's going, but if the outside is any indication, then the inside must be going great guns, too.

fantastic! Thanks. It'll be nice to have this little gap in the storefronts filled with a function, especially dining. Good stuff!

You are definitely correct about that! It looks wonderful so far. I also LOVE the new place next to American Grocery restaurant. :wub:

They have a half page add in The Journal that reads:

"The best just got better....find out November 16th".

This place is definitely doing well. Great to see! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Some new restaurants / coming soon:

Stellar Wine Bar in the old O'Cha location. This one will be a winner! :thumbsup:

http://www.stellarwinebar.com/

DSC03411.jpg

Camille's coming to BofA / Piazza Bergamo:

DSC03413.jpg

Looked inside the Brown Street expansion yesterday. Nice. Reopens in November:

DSC03410.jpg

Caliente Express. Opened in the old Aussie Bush Burger location on Woodruff. Tried it yesterday. Fresh Mexican food, fast. Limited menu. No margarita's to go.... :cry:

DSC03421.jpg

If you're craving Pisco Sours, check out Bongo's. The food is good. You'll think you are in Lima.

DSC03418.jpg

I think that used to be a Cuban restaurant, didn't it? So many ethnic restaurants have ended up in that huge shopping center, it's hard to remember.

That is correct. I don't know about "ethnic" restaurants but there has been a ton of places to go through that building. The cuban place that was there was pretty tasty the one time I went.

Driving down Woodruff today I noticed that the old Bob Evans restaurant is being totally redesigned, and the sign now reads "Pinky's".

Anyone know anything about this?

It is going to be hip/trendy version of a "meat and three". Locally owned by the group that owns BlueFire Grill. I look forward to the opening and checking it out. :thumbsup:

Grumble, grumble, grumble. When are we going to get some of these cool places out at Cherrydale. I mean really, Olive Garden? We can do better than that.

If you're looking for a meat and three around the Cherrydale area, I'd think you wouldn't need a Faux, imported place. There are plenty of places, like Stax Original to Carson's Country Kitchen up off Duncan Chapel road, that are unique to the area, etc.

It is going to be hip/trendy version of a "meat and three". Locally owned by the group that owns BlueFire Grill. I look forward to the opening and checking it out. :thumbsup:

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of a "trendy" meat and three. When I go to a meat and three I go for three reasons. 1.) I have a taste for a meat and three meal 2.) The price and 3.) I go for the down home basic atmosphere. Yes, I know to some that mean seem like an "anti-atmosphere" but sometimes I like to feel gruff and "po". Their is almost a coolness to going to a meat and three or Waffle House. The only chain meat and three that I find remotely successful is Cracker Barrell but even then it still doesn't have the local "magic" like Stax's Original, etc.

If you're looking for a meat and three around the Cherrydale area, I'd think you wouldn't need a Faux, imported place. There are plenty of places, like Stax Original to Carson's Country Kitchen up off Duncan Chapel road, that are unique to the area, etc.

I wasn't necessarily thinking of a meat and three, per se. I agree, Stax Original is the way to go. I'm just surprised that the restaurants that have opened so far in Cherrydale have been so low-end. Given the amount of money in the area (Cliffs communities, Montebello, etc.), I'm surprised that there aren't one or two higher end places.

Archived