UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

I posted this in another thread but should have posted it here. What do you think about Tavern 24 being annexed into Mauldin so they can serve alcohol on Sunday? Something seems wrong about this. Could this start something and all of a sudden all the restaurants on Woodruff become "in" Mauldin? Why doesn't the county go ahead and legalize alcohol sales to avoid this kind of thing.

Greenville has used this to extend its limits several times. There was a countywide vote several years back, which lost badly. No one is going to risk it again anytime soon, I would think. I would rather these Woodruff restaurant annex to Greenville, but obviously their is no contiguity to Greenville but there is to Maquldin in this case.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather these Woodruff restaurant annex to Greenville, but obviously their is no contiguity to Greenville but there is to Maquldin in this case.

Greenville easily could have annexed the Fatz/Tavern 24 property, as Lieu's, the property immediately behind tavern 24, is already inside Greenville City Limits, connected by a thin strip that runs behind Monterrey's. Mauldin is not only annexing the Tavern 24 property but also annexing a strip of land that extends eastward to the I-385 interchange, effectively blocking the City of Greenville from expanding eastward AND from crossing Woodruff Rd. to capture the restaurants and other businesses that abut Park Woodruff Rd. Smart move!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A "coming soon" sign has been put up for Roe's Burgers, Chicken & Salads at 1606 Woodruff Rd. It will be opening in the space formerly occupied by Happy Pie, and Sprouts before that. Help wanted classifieds advertise it as a " new, exciting better burger concept," yet the logo says "since 1972." Has anyone ever heard of it?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived