UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

^^^Bummer. :( I don't like Salsarita's though. They're chip salsa just plain old sucks in my opinion. It has NO taste what-so-ever. I prefer Moe's anyday. "Welcome to Moes." Speaking of Red Robin, everytime I go over there to try it out to see how it is, there's always like a 30 minute wait. One of these days i'll be able to get in when there's not a wait or maybe they'll have the common sense to build another one unlike Best Buy.

I'm with you on the Salsarita's - never liked the food there.

Red Robin is worth the wait IMHO. My wife & I ate there Friday night - we got there around 7 were told a 20 minute wait - which was really about 10 mins. The have excellent burgers - and get a milkshake too.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheesecake Factory is overpriced and mediocre in quality. Same with PF Chang's, although slightly cheaper.

Finally had an opportunity to eat at PF Chang's last week. The decor was nice, but the food was only average.

After hearing the buzz about Aladdin's, they're probably next on our list. Hubby will like those belly dancers. :rolleyes:

yeah we went to Chicora Alley a few weeks ago. The food was good but the service was horrible, it took almost an hour to get our food and they weren't even that busy.....

Just got an invite in the mail to a preview of High Cotten, definitly going to have to try and make it.

Anybody been to Jimmy John's yet? I saw that they are doing bicycle deliveries downtown.

...The only thing I think they could improve on was their dessert menu, seeing how there were just three items on it.

Oh, but those three items are EXCELLENT. I'll take quality over selection any day. Compare it to Sticky Fingers...all of Sticky Fingers dessert items are Mrs. Smith's, no different than you can buy in the store.

Oh, but those three items are EXCELLENT. I'll take quality over selection any day. Compare it to Sticky Fingers...all of Sticky Fingers dessert items are Mrs. Smith's, no different than you can buy in the store.

Yeah, I've never been that much of a Sticky Fingers fan anyways......rather go to Henry's for BBQ......

Brueggers Bagels is currently in Charleston and soon to be opening in Spartanburg, with both Greenville and Columbia soon behind. No idea of the location(s) for Greenville, but I would assume possibly Magnolia Park, Downtown and possibly Eastside and/or Simpsonville.

Here is the article:

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...amp;SectionCat=

That would be cool, if I remeber right they had one in Michigan when I was living there, and if it's where I am thinking of they had some good sandwitches that you could get there.....

When you say Red Robin is too expensive for a burger joint what do you mean? Do you mean it's too expensive for burger period or do you mean they are not like places you can get cheap burgers at the locally owned greek burger joints (Clock, Petes, etc.). I enjoy a Fuddruckers Burger but it not typical burger joint. It's more like real ground beef than those compressed thin patty things you get at typicial chains, etc.

I think it's kind of odd that gas station down the road is also called the Red Robin.

Personally I would rather go to Red Robin than Fuddruckers...they both have good food but you get so much more food from Red Robin....

The Pizza House, which is locally owned and operated opened on Tuesday. I ate there last night and the food, service, and atmosphere is excellent. It is located in a newly built shopping center across Highway 153 from Advance Auto Parts in Powdersville.

I have driven by that Pizza House a few times over the last year or so, and each time it looked empty. I wondered if the owners ran out of money, or even if the restaurant opened briefly and closed. I'm glad to hear that they are open (and that the pizza is good).

I have driven by that Pizza House a few times over the last year or so, and each time it looked empty. I wondered if the owners ran out of money, or even if the restaurant opened briefly and closed. I'm glad to hear that they are open (and that the pizza is good).

The Powdersville Pizza House didn't open until fairly recently, although the sign was up for several prior months. This is the same place as the one in Travelers Rest, which I have heard is good, but have never tried.

The new Oasis coffee place looks very neat. I'll have to shoot a photo and post it in the Upstate coffee thread sometime.

Anyone know anything about the new cajan place called Chops that opened on Pelham recently????

I have not tried their food myself, but have heard good things about it. Hopefully it will stay around for a long while.

Anyone know anything about the new cajan place called Chops that opened on Pelham recently????

I'm the same as skyliner, I haven't eaten there yet, but have heard that it's good but a little pricey for what you get. I'll reserve judgement until I try it. I love Cajun, I'm cooking jambalaya as I type (yes, the laptop is in the kitchen).

The closed Aussie Burger building at the corner of Pleasantburg and Mauldin road has been painted a light taupe color with white trim and will be reopening as a Java Hut. It has an "Opening Soon" sign in front.

I enjoyed Aussie Burger the couple of times I had food from there. It's too bad they couldn't hang on...

Archived