UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

I've got a great nighttime shot of the sign on the outside of that building somewhere...I'll have to post it when I get home.

I've been anticipating this place opening - looks like it and Crosby Stills will both be nice additions to this end of town.

I do have to ask...what's with the popcorn popper behind the bar?!?!?

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, look in the most recent GSA Business in the Real Estate Transactions Section and you will see were Peter Lieu purcahse property on S. Main St. from Zuff International. This would likely be the left most portion of the property to the Left of Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse with the tiny building on it that would of housed the Plaid Pelican. It would not be right next door becuase that portion of the lot had already been sold for office building to be built.

Dougal Maguire's has been sold, and will open with new owners as Kilpatrick's. Previous owner sent this email message:

============

Patrick,

We sold the bar at the beginning of Jan. The new owners are changing the name of the bar to Kilpatrick's, so they won't be updating the website any longer...sorry! They are planning on doing most of the musical events upstairs in a few weeks.

They've made a lot of good changes, so its still a great place...we'll see you there!

Tom

============

Dougal Maguire's has been sold, and will open with new owners as Kilpatrick's. Previous owner sent this email message:

============

Patrick,

We sold the bar at the beginning of Jan. The new owners are changing the name of the bar to Kilpatrick's, so they won't be updating the website any longer...sorry! They are planning on doing most of the musical events upstairs in a few weeks.

They've made a lot of good changes, so its still a great place...we'll see you there!

Tom

============

The new owners are obviously investing some money. I was by there this morning and painters were busy (even on a Sunday) painting the exterior a sort of khaki shade. Looking great. :thumbsup:

I had dinner at Snapshot Cafe and Art Bar last night. It was absolutely fantastic! If you go, you must try the fried portabello appetizer. I had beef tenderloin, and it was quite tasty and tender. My wife had crab cakes, and my sister had clam strips. All were excellent.

Right now the photography of Polly Donohue is being featured.

Too bad Fatz closed. I always liked that one. Probably not the best location though.

I realize I'm way late on this one- but UNO would be a great addition to the area. I went to one in DC not long ago, and it was pretty good.

If I were on death row, and I was selecting my last meal...a Chicago-style deep dish pizza from Uno would definitely be on the menu. :lol:

I was in town a couple of weeks ago visiting my parents and was glad to see that Red Robin Grill has opened a restaurant on Woodruff Road. Great family place--in a way, it's Johnny Rockets on steroids + a liquor license. I've been to several along the eastern seaboard and have never been disappointed. Looks like they're doing great business, too.

The Red Robin is always packed when we head out there for Lunch. I love that place, but it is a tad expensive for burgers. Although the bottomless steak fries is a nice touch. We always gorge ourselves way too much when we go there. They have a GREAT selection of burgers though, and has a much nicer feel to it than Fudruckers.

One thing to mention that may slip by some people is that they have a great vegetarian menu, because you can order any of the burgers with either a garden pattie, or a bocca burger.

One thing to mention that may slip by some people is that they have a great vegetarian menu, because you can order any of the burgers with either a garden pattie, or a bocca burger.

really......i can now but this on the list of places the wife and i can eat......

does anyone know of any kind of upscale (not really fancy but just kind of nice) vegetarian places?

really......i can now but this on the list of places the wife and i can eat......

does anyone know of any kind of upscale (not really fancy but just kind of nice) vegetarian places?

Have you ever been to Swad? It's an Indian restaurant on Laurens Road. The atmosphere isn't fancy, and it's a smaller place. But their food is great. The menu is exclusively vegetarian, so if you like Indian food I think it fits the bill. If I remember correctly, most entrees are $10 or so.

Edit: I now see that you were asking about upscale vegetarian restaurants. Nonetheless, perhaps Swad is something you haven't tried yet.

Have you ever been to Swad? It's an Indian restaurant on Laurens Road. The atmosphere isn't fancy, and it's a smaller place. But their food is great. The menu is exclusively vegetarian, so if you like Indian food I think it fits the bill. If I remember correctly, most entrees are $10 or so.

Edit: I now see that you were asking about upscale vegetarian restaurants. Nonetheless, perhaps Swad is something you haven't tried yet.

Yeah, Swad is good but i was looking for some place for a good "night out" dinner....

The Red Robin is always packed when we head out there for Lunch. I love that place, but it is a tad expensive for burgers. Although the bottomless steak fries is a nice touch. We always gorge ourselves way too much when we go there. They have a GREAT selection of burgers though, and has a much nicer feel to it than Fudruckers.

Never eaten at Red Robin myself, but anyone I know who has liked it but, they all have said that it is too expensive for a burger joint.

I still think best burger in town is The Great Bay Oyster House's Kobe Beef Burger with the Burgers at Chicora Alley coming up in second and Five Guys in third.

When you say Red Robin is too expensive for a burger joint what do you mean? Do you mean it's too expensive for burger period or do you mean they are not like places you can get cheap burgers at the locally owned greek burger joints (Clock, Petes, etc.). I enjoy a Fuddruckers Burger but it not typical burger joint. It's more like real ground beef than those compressed thin patty things you get at typicial chains, etc.

I think it's kind of odd that gas station down the road is also called the Red Robin.

Swad is the real deal!!! :thumbsup: Love this place. Making me hungry...be glad to get back to Greenville.

^^^Bummer. :( I don't like Salsarita's though. They're chip salsa just plain old sucks in my opinion. It has NO taste what-so-ever. I prefer Moe's anyday. "Welcome to Moes." Speaking of Red Robin, everytime I go over there to try it out to see how it is, there's always like a 30 minute wait. One of these days i'll be able to get in when there's not a wait or maybe they'll have the common sense to build another one unlike Best Buy.

Archived