UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gelato place on Washington (Luna Rosa) is open! My husband and 7-year-old and I stopped in after lunch at Barley's and tasted several flavors. Mmmmm.

Prices are a bit high--the kid's size of gelato is $3.95, the small is, IIRC, around $5 (and you get two flavors). They will also have sandwiches, pizzas, and espresso starting next week.

Pomegranate is now open in West End. Stopped in last night for a nightcap after dinner, so didn't have any food, but can say they have some fun specialty drinks. The best part of this restaurant is the location and large windows / view. Looking out onto the curve of Main you could see the lights of Falls Park / Mary's Cottage and Lattitude. Great people watching spot. The interior is very well done and highly detailed. Heading back this weekend for dinner to check out the food.

Pomegranate is now open in West End. Stopped in last night for a nightcap after dinner, so didn't have any food, but can say they have some fun specialty drinks. The best part of this restaurant is the location and large windows / view. Looking out onto the curve of Main you could see the lights of Falls Park / Mary's Cottage and Lattitude. Great people watching spot. The interior is very well done and highly detailed. Heading back this weekend for dinner to check out the food.

Sounds like a cool place with some new cuisine not currently found downtown. I'm already looking forward to reading your review after this weekend!

If anybody else besides me has been trying to google the Pomegranate on Main to look over their menu and hasn't had any luck, their web address is simply: http://www.pomegranateonmain.com/. I think the wife and kids and I may check this place out over the weekend.

The gelato place on Washington (Luna Rosa) is open! My husband and 7-year-old and I stopped in after lunch at Barley's and tasted several flavors. Mmmmm.

Prices are a bit high--the kid's size of gelato is $3.95, the small is, IIRC, around $5 (and you get two flavors). They will also have sandwiches, pizzas, and espresso starting next week.

it is open? I had met the owner of the restaurant one night outside of smoke on the water and he was telling me all about luna rosa. he had said it would be open by november 1st, but I guess he ran into complications..good to hear it's open now. I'll have to go in soon. I recently went on a europe trip and stopped off in Venice, Florence, and Rome. Had tons of gelato and it was fabulous. I hope this guy's stuff can compare :)

On another note, anyone have suggestions for a good restaurant for a rehearsal dinner? I'm getting married next June. I've already checked out High Cotton and Mary's cottage restaurant. Looking for some more suggestions. Thanks.

There are three Shane's about to open in Greenville. One opening off of Augusta....didn't know about that one.

http://www.shanesribshack.com/locations_ad...city=Greenville

Hmmm... There's already a Shane's Resteraunt on Augusta Road. I don't think a lot of people know about it but it's behind an antique store that used to be a funeral home. It's basically a fancy lunch place.

Hmmm... There's already a Shane's Resteraunt on Augusta Road. I don't think a lot of people know about it but it's behind an antique store that used to be a funeral home. It's basically a fancy lunch place.

Thanks! I can't place it. What cross street is it near? :dontknow:

Thanks! I can't place it. What cross street is it near? :dontknow:

It's at the intersection of Otis and Augusta right before you get to Church/Mills Ave. coming from downtwon. You can't see it from the road. It's pretty much a "word of mouth place" but I think they do pretty good business plus I think the owner does catering as well. If fact Catering may be a good part of the business. As I said you can't see it from the road.

The resteraunt also seems to have a partnership with the antique store which is the large victorian style house in from of it. I think the resteraunt used to be the garage for the moturary (Yes I know that sounds disturbing) that used to occupy the space. The table chairs and other decorations in the resteraunt are for sale so you never know what you will be sitting on from one day to the next! Surrounding the resteraunt is a statue/flower garden. It's a bit "fru-fru" for most but the food is good. The resteraunt I know is own by the son of a lady who works for an organization I do some work for and I've gone their with a group of people from that office.

15 Conestee Ave.....is that where Meador's/Campbell's used to be?

and wasn't there supposed to be one going into the new shopping center beside Earth Fare on Pelham?

They are listed on the sign for the Pelham Road development. Wonder why that location doesn't show as coming soon on the website?

It's at the intersection of Otis and Augusta right before you get to Church/Mills Ave. coming from downtwon. You can't see it from the road. It's pretty much a "word of mouth place" but I think they do pretty good business plus I think the owner does catering as well. If fact Catering may be a good part of the business. As I said you can't see it from the road.

I want to check this out. Is this behind the large white house?

We were out shopping at Greenridge last night and decided to check out Indigo Joes across the street. Kinda of what I expected from a sports bar. Not bad, but not fantastic either. Just good, solid suburban. It should do well in the location it is in. I think it would have a much harder time if it were downtown or West End.

Pros:

- Plasma screens everywhere showing multiple sports and games.

- Trivia on some of the plasmas, where you play others in the restaurant. They bring a little remote control game unit to your table, and your name and answers show up on the screen. Much like the games in the set-backs of JetBlue where you play others on the plane.

- Great selection of beer on tap and beer in general. Great selection of fun specialty drinks.

- Outdoor fireplace.

- Good comfort food (the food would be the perfect medicine on Saturday or Sunday around 11:00 AM if nursing a hangover). Food was typical sports bar....wings, burgers, chille cheese fries, cobb salad, cheese sticks, etc.

- Service was quick and the servers seemed to be well trained.

Cons:

- Inside was lit very brightly. I think this was done to keep a family atmosphere. Those with kids may consider this a pro.

- Tacky furniture. The booths and chairs are covered in this overly busy sports theme fabric. Some may like, but wasn't my taste.

- Needs more parking spaces for the size restaurant.

Archived