UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

The smoke from the bar area is over-powering. :sick: We got a table as far away from it as we could, but it's not worth running the gauntlet to get in and out of the restaurant. We won't go back unless the smoking ordinance takes affect or the restaurant voluntarily complies.

I would have to agree with you. We usually like to eat at the bar or bar tables and that is impossible to do at this restaurant without getting a mouthful of smoke. Very unfortunate, because other than that I enjoy the food (and beer, of course).

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Azia is open....met some friends after work for drinks.....one word......FANFRIGINTASTIC!!!!!!! :yahoo:

The Mrs and I tried Azia last Saturday. Very nice place, they pull off the metropolitan-in-a-wharehouse vibe very well (what Blue Fire tries but falls a bit short). It feels like the place could morph into a fancy NYC nightclub at any second, but doesnt. The bar is very pretty and fun to hang out in, the staff was great and we felt very well taken care of (we had better be at those prices).

Oh, the food aint bad either.

Not open yet, but has anyone noticed the construction on Pomegranate lately? They are taking the small empty space next to their building, and either adding on, or creating a courtyard. Looks like this restaurant is putting some serious work into the revitalization of this West End building. :thumbsup: Should be pretty nice from everything I'm hearing.

Not open yet, but has anyone noticed the construction on Pomegranate lately? They are taking the small empty space next to their building, and either adding on, or creating a courtyard. Looks like this restaurant is putting some serious work into the revitalization of this West End building. :thumbsup: Should be pretty nice from everything I'm hearing.

I'd like to see some photos of that.

Amazing what unlimited funds can do. -_-

Me, too. A nice "Takosushi" shingle sign out front would work...the more shingle signage in downtown, the better. :thumbsup:

I'am not sure if they will be allowed.

I remember when the Hollywood guy was moving into that building and he wanted some fancy sign out front and they wouldnt allow him. I'am not sure if 'they' was the city or the owner of the building but all the signs on that building are the same uniform look.

World Finance, The Palate and The Hollywood place.

I'am not sure if they will be allowed.

I remember when the Hollywood guy was moving into that building and he wanted some fancy sign out front and they wouldnt allow him. I'am not sure if 'they' was the city or the owner of the building but all the signs on that building are the same uniform look.

World Finance, The Palate and The Hollywood place.

Whomever wouldn't allow it, I'm sure, has their head stuck some place dark and smelly.

I'd like to see some photos of that.

Here is a photo of the small area (not a great photo, too much in the way). The wall to the right is the building being redeveloped for Pomegranate. The space was a small empty space between the buidlings, where I'm sure an old building had been torn down. From the looks of this, I'm guessing the restaurant will us this space for outdoor seating / a courtyard. :dontknow:

DSC03077.jpg

Here is a photo of the small area (not a great photo, too much in the way). The wall to the right is the building being redeveloped for Pomegranate. The space was a small empty space between the buidlings, where I'm sure an old building had been torn down. From the looks of this, I'm guessing the restaurant will us this space for outdoor seating / a courtyard. :dontknow:

DSC03077.jpg

Very nice, thanks gsupstate.

• 1 month later...

DSC03077.jpg

That wall is covered with some nice cobalt blue 1' square tiles now. It's looking great! It'll definitely have some outdoor appeal to it, I think. Can't wait to try some Lamb Kabob (hopefully it's on their menu)! :thumbsup:

Does anyone have information on a new restaurant on Poinsett in the general area around Snapshot Cafe? I hear an out of town restaurant group is looking at a space / property, though I'm not sure what space / property. ?????

I've heard NOTHING, but I certainly hope they're looking at the area across the highway that's currently listed through Prudential. That'd be a GREAT Location for some new development.

Archived