Wealthy Street Mega Thread

joshleo

46 minutes ago, twoshort said:

Well, you beat me to it, but I had my headline all planned:

This just in: Johnny Bz to get rid of worlds worst parking lot.  Images from planning commission.

screenshot-grandrapidscitymi_iqm2.com-2019_03.27-14-29-56.png.e0aa8e3a28e65f29e5b62c46d592fbd0.pngscreenshot-grandrapidscitymi_iqm2.com-2019_03.27-14-29-26.png.faba1d5d96532d0a34be43105856809a.pngscreenshot-grandrapidscitymi_iqm2.com-2019_03.27-14-29-38.png.3c715adba03ce6155f64827b5efeb6f8.png

Holy Crap!!! When I heard "Summer Yard Games" I cant say I was picturing soccer billiards but I am not disappointed!  Thanks for adding some context!

• Like 1

Ooooooooooooooooh yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about!

One of my biggest complaints when they first moved to their current building was that you lost the view of the outside and had to stare at the grills of cars out of the windows. It wasnt better in the summer when they had the door open.

This? This is a whole new game entirely!

Now we just need someone to buy the Tatum building, build on the Wild Bunch site and do something with the "fish building", and that little area will be really incredible!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jonrapley said:

I've always known it as Foot Pool.  I don't think there is an official name though. 

Sounds like you have maybe played before... if so, is there something special about the balls that will prevent them from bouncing out and rolling into the road?  That is one of the first things that came to mind when I saw the renderings.  Seems to be some fencing to help but not sure if that will be enough?

After a quick google search, it appears like this game is also known as "Snookball"... the more you know :D 

6 hours ago, AyersRock said:

Sounds like you have maybe played before... if so, is there something special about the balls that will prevent them from bouncing out and rolling into the road

I've played it only a handful of times, the ball's used were heavier and definitely less bouncy compares to a regular soccer ball.

5 hours ago, jonrapley said:

I've played it only a handful of times, the ball's used were heavier and definitely less bouncy compares to a regular soccer ball.

Probably like a futsal ball. Your not going to kick one into the road unless you REALLY meant it (and it’s highly unlikely). 

Sounds like it’ll be a lot of fun!

Joe

13 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

Probably like a futsal ball. Your not going to kick one into the road unless you REALLY meant it (and it’s highly unlikely). 

Sounds like it’ll be a lot of fun!

Joe

Yep! It's pretty much like a futsal ball, I just didn't know if anyone else would understand that reference. 

I'm excited to play it again, it was always a lot of fun. I do wonder if they really need 2 of them though. 

9 hours ago, jonrapley said:

Yep! It's pretty much like a futsal ball, I just didn't know if anyone else would understand that reference. 

I'm excited to play it again, it was always a lot of fun. I do wonder if they really need 2 of them though. 

Maybe so they can host tournaments? 

Founder's and their minority partner San-Miguel, are joining forces to acquire a majority stake in Avery Brewing Co.   https://www.averybrewing.com/

San-Miguel had a previous 30% stake in the company, and Founders was partnering with the brewery to make All Day IPA, and distribute the product to the west coast.  Founders seems to have a lot of things up their sleeve, in an effort to expand. 

https://mibiz.com/sections/food-agribusiness/founders-brewing-mahou-san-miguel-acquire-majority-stake-in-colorado-brewery

Edited by mpchicago
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, mpchicago said:

Founder's and their minority partner San-Miguel, are joining forces to acquire a majority stake in Avery Brewing Co.   https://www.averybrewing.com/

San-Miguel had a previous 30% stake in the company, and Founders was partnering with the brewery to make All Day IPA, and distribute the product to the west coast.  Founders seems to have a lot of things up their sleeve, in an effort to expand. 

https://mibiz.com/sections/food-agribusiness/founders-brewing-mahou-san-miguel-acquire-majority-stake-in-colorado-brewery

There has been myriad acquisitions/stakes in the craft beer world in the last few years. Its almost too much to keep straight, thankfully some clever person put this infographic together:

odqfObbz05TL-__z86C6UAB13VX218IVYdZbshDV

• Like 1

That's a great map. Thanks for sharing. I think this partnership with Mahou/Avery will allow Founders to grow and remain independent. I know Avery is just doing All Day now, but I imagine they will take on brewing all of Founders mainstays in the future (Solid Gold, Centennial, etc). I wonder when we'll start seeing some collaborative beers. 

Overall, I take this as a positive for Founders.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 5:07 PM, GR_Urbanist said:

Now we just need someone to buy the Tatum building, build on the Wild Bunch site and do something with the "fish building", and that little area will be really incredible!

There are probably many of us that would buy these properties, but when you look at 710 Wealthy ("the fish building") for sale @ $710,000 it really is not 'for sale'.     I made the guy an offer a few years back, I really do not believe he wants to sell-- but I suppose at that number he would.    His number is probably what it's worth after someone does a full-on renovation, there's really no room for a developer OR end user to have this make any kind of sense---- so there she sits---- it's frustrating to those of us who are invested in neighborhood improvement....

2 hours ago, terra firma said:

There are probably many of us that would buy these properties, but when you look at 710 Wealthy ("the fish building") for sale @ $710,000 it really is not 'for sale'.     I made the guy an offer a few years back, I really do not believe he wants to sell-- but I suppose at that number he would.    His number is probably what it's worth after someone does a full-on renovation, there's really no room for a developer OR end user to have this make any kind of sense---- so there she sits---- it's frustrating to those of us who are invested in neighborhood improvement....

Eventually, something will happen, and these properties will turn over.  In the meantime, can you advise if you have signed any tenants, and if so who?  :)   

Have you heard if the folks that own old Wild Bunch development site plan to move forward soon?

I know some are down on the HPC requiring preservation of these gas stations, but I think Hancock turned out particularly well. I love the neon reminiscent of service station signs.   These properties allow for a ton of outdoor dining/activity space.  It's going to be great if the weather ever cooperates. <_<

o (1).jpg

o (2).jpg

Edited by mpchicago
  • Like 2