Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 5/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, Bos2Nash said:

After being closed for an extended period of time, Church Street Park will be re-opened next week. It appears there is already a schedule of activations for the space, but I will be interested in the whole summer season.

image.png.c88c8066b86ba1a192a3f840259a58e1.png

When they say "activations" are the talking about contracting multiple-drug-resistant tuberculosis?  I can't tell from the flyer...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:20 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Nothing will stay IMO. They have already applied for sewer study permits , so they are not going to waste any time with this either.  The Modera Germantown project is like 9.5 acres and it is 800 units. This site is not quite 7 acres and will be the same amount of units and I expect they will be no more than 6 stories. It will probably be a tight build with the parking, so the buildings will come down.

Hmm...we owned 13 acres total (front parcel with the main building plus back parcel with the dorms). Did the article mention they only bought 7 acres? Now I’m a little hopeful again that they are only going to clear the back portion on Great Circle.

47 minutes ago, Edgefield D said:

Hmm...we owned 13 acres total (front parcel with the main building plus back parcel with the dorms). Did the article mention they only bought 7 acres? Now I’m a little hopeful again that they are only going to clear the back portion on Great Circle.

If you look at parcel viewer a lot of what is considered the site is water and is not going to be built upon.. I am basing it on the land portion only give or take. 

• Like 1

Some more info. on the new residential project to go on the former Watkins School of Art campus (13.6 acres) in MetroCenter:

-EJF Capital and Chartwell Residential are partnering as the developers.

- Two 5 story buildings with 375 units each, to be built in 2 phases.

- An above-grade parking garage.

- First phase starts in early 2022, with completion in early 2024. 2nd phase to begin when first is completed. 

- No renderings yet. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/details-emerge-for-80m-project-eyed-for-metrocenter/article_2bbde2d0-c2f4-11eb-a870-bbdeff001bf5.html

• Like 4

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Some more info. on the new residential project to go on the former Watkins School of Art campus (13.6 acres) in MetroCenter:

- First phase starts in early 2022, with completion in early 2024. 2nd phase to begin when first is completed. 

- No renderings yet. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/details-emerge-for-80m-project-eyed-for-metrocenter/article_2bbde2d0-c2f4-11eb-a870-bbdeff001bf5.html

I've always thought this would be a perfect location for an museum of modern art, especially given this used to be an art school. Guess apartments would be more lucrative here.

Edited by jkc2j
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, markhollin said:

- No renderings yet. 

Thanks for passing along! I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Again buildable is on about 10 acres as 3 acres is in the water. The 13 acre plot is so off. I guess they can put little paddle boats in water and go round and round. I am unsure who really owns the lake so to speak. I see people fishing out of it, but what is the purpose of the body of water. Is it a giant water retention pond for the rain.

Anyone want to shed some light on this for me. I am just curious now, as this was done long before I moved here.

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Again buildable is on about 10 acres as 3 acres is in the water. The 13 acre plot is so off. I guess they can put little paddle boats in water and go round and round. I am unsure who really owns the lake so to speak. I see people fishing out of it, but what is the purpose of the body of water. Is it a giant water retention pond for the rain.

Anyone want to shed some light on this for me. I am just curious now, as this was done long before I moved here.

Although I didn't live here at the time, I recall reading that the pond was part of the Fountain Square Mall project when it was built in the late '80s. Maybe someone else can shed light on this, but didn't they offer paddle-boat rides in the pond back in those days? Then again, my memory could be way off -- a lot has happened since the late '80s. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

The first thing they need to do is finish widening the sidewalks and installing the bollards on Lower Broad.......it looks spectacularly tacky with the temporary barriers.

Not sure this tax will create nearly enough money for that, although I agree it is needed.

1 hour ago, bnacincy said:

The first thing they need to do is finish widening the sidewalks and installing the bollards on Lower Broad.......it looks spectacularly tacky with the temporary barriers.

22 minutes ago, samsonh said:

Not sure this tax will create nearly enough money for that, although I agree it is needed.

I believe funding for this is in this years Capital Improvement Budget. Hopefully we see it done soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1