Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Apologies for a second consecutive post.  Had an additional thought and didn't think it was fair to alter the first after a reaction was given.  Was just looking at Google Maps.  IMO, anything between Jefferson, the Cumberland,  and the interstate loop should be available for unlimited height development.  Between that, the East Bank, and the Midtown area, Nashville's downtown would have plenty of room to breathe for decades to come.  Not an educated opinion relative to zoning and such, just a wistful one.

• Like 2

I like the reconnected streets, but I doubt this will ever get done. Is there funding.... and TDOT? This doesn't strike me as a priority to a "pay as you go" department. Like Chattanooga's, Nashville's infrastructure is really falling behind. Chattanooga has been waiting for projects to start since the IMPROVE act was passed years ago. It's so bad a colleague who recently drove from his home in Atlanta to Nashville and was delayed nearly two hours along the way remarked that I-24 hadn't changed since he went to Vandy in the 80s.  I drove from Knoxville to Nashville the same day and was delayed an hour and a half on the east side of the Cumberland Plateau (east of Crossville) while a whole lane was closed at midday and NO DETOUR REROUTES!?!?  Cars were backed up for 10+ miles. 

• Like 3

Secret government documents were revealed on the internet indicating Snodgrass Tower will be welcoming UFOs to drop off tourists from around the galaxy. Groups of little green alien bachelorettes are clamoring to “wooo whooo” on Broadway and see the nekkid dancing fellars at Kings of Hustler!

• Haha 4

Grand Oaks at 341 Great Circle in MetroCenter (2-5 stories, 467 units) has secured a $47 million loan from Cadence Bank for the next phase of construction. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-mdha-approval-sought-for-dickerson-pike-residential-building/article_7da095be-cd41-11eb-a11f-7798b7c066fd.html

• Like 1