Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Retail in urban areas is up against an enormous headwind... online shopping.  Groceries are the one exception, but not entirely. In the day of Hello Fresh, Blue Ribbon and Noom, it's only a matter of time before drone technology conquers the time-distance divide. 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 3:34 PM, Mr_Bond said:

If I'm remembering correctly, MarketStreet pulled water/sewer permits for two buildings on the southeast corner of 12th and Demonbreun before the rates were hiked, but they didn't pull a permit for this lot.  Now, there's drilling.  Something happened to make them move on this location and I'm wondering what that is.

If you're interested in the details, here are the spots they've marked for drilling.  I can't see anything in the back corner by A+ but I assume they will drill there too.

915-Division-Core-Drilling-04-small.thumb.jpg.b3a38367f79f77b9d77d2a32f5b5c752.jpg915-Division-Core-Drilling-05-small.thumb.jpg.13765892eaec0713f00ecff78ee9bae1.jpg

On 4/27/2021 at 5:49 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Something is brewing as Marketstreet declined comment!

The locations of these drills look very specific. I could be wrong (because this is more of a structural element), but during geotechnical exploration a core drilling group will try to hit the supposed corners of a building and couple in the center and then one or two in the middle of the site to get a solid sense of soils and compaction load prior to finalizing design. 

That being said, If I had to take a guess, MarketStreet would be looking at a continuious streetfrontage, in an L-shaped building. Idk if the back left corner  of the last photo would be left as green space or possibly parking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1501 Herman/Herman Street Apts. (4 stories, 300 units) update: foundation set across most of site.

Looking south from intersection of 16th Ave. North and Herman St:

1501 Herman, April 24, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking SE from intersection of 16th Ave. North and Herman St:

1501 Herman, April 24, 2021, 2.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of 14th Ave. North and Herman St:

1501 Herman, April 24, 2021, 3.jpeg

• Like 3