Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 5/3/2018 at 3:28 AM, markhollin said:

Interior renovations continue for Hastings Architecture as they repurpose the former Ben West Library building. 

Ben West Library, Hastings Arch, April 22, 2018, 1.jpg

Ben West Library, Hastings Arch, April 22, 2018, 2.jpg

Ben West Library, Hastings Arch, April 22, 2018, 3.jpg

Ben West Library, Hastings Arch, April 22, 2018, 4.jpg

Ben West Library, Hastings Arch, April 22, 2018, 5.jpg

Ben West Library, Hastings Arch, April 22, 2018, 6.jpg

Ben West Library, Hastings Arch, April 22, 2018, 7.jpg

I can't wait to see the final product here. There better not be a single old brick anywhere in this building. 

On 5/13/2018 at 7:31 AM, markhollin said:

Yeehaw Brewery update. Gutting is underway in the 14,400 sq. ft. warehouse at 423 6th Ave. South that was built originally in 1950. 

Looking NE along Peabody St., 1/2 block west of 6th Ave. South:

Yazoo Brewery, April 29, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of Peabody St. and 6th Ave. South:

Yazoo Brewery, April 29, 2018, 2.jpg

Let me know when you are down this way, I'll give you a quick tour. 

• Like 2

A 3 story, 55 unit apartment for low-income seniors is going to be built at the SW corner of 26th Ave. North and Clarksville Hwy. by Urban Housing Solutions.  The $11.3 million project, which will break ground in mid-June, is Phase three of UHS' plan for the property.  Phase one was completed in 2017, and Phase Two is about to start.

More here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21005034/start-looms-for-lowincome-seniors-apartment-project

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 4.21.43 PM.png

20 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Granny is not staying there if I had a granny. Well maybe my paternal Granny cause I didnt like her very much. Seriously, this is not an ideal location. Not walkable, no grocery store, not in a really safe neighborhood, high car traffic area. The list can go on.

Maybe it’s directed towards families with unloved grannies who have large life insurance policies. They can call it Dodge City Solutions Retirement Community ;) 

• Haha 1

See what you mean. Me too!

Pics courtesy of NP... https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21005153/virago-owner-unveils-boutique-hotel-project-for-the-gulch

Aerial view of east side

Screen_Shot_2018_05_15_at_9.41.36_AM.5afafa4b27817.jpg

View of west side along 11th Avenue

Screen_Shot_2018_05_15_at_9.41.46_AM.5afafa41e4e43.jpgScreen_Shot_2018_05_15_at_9.42.10_AM.5afafa3518ce8.jpgScreen_Shot_2018_05_15_at_9.42.03_AM.5afafa3c42cea.jpg

The building, to be located at the T-intersection of 11th Avenue South and McGavock Street, will be called Eleventh House and offer what is billed as a “private members’ lifestyle club.” A fourth-quarter groundbreaking and summer 2020 finish are eyed. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

This is another one where materials will make or break it in the end. I dig these style of windows, although I wished that they covered a bit more of the building. That said, I like it so far and like what it contributes to the area. 

Edited by henburg
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, henburg said:

This is another one where materials will make or break it in the end. I dig these style of windows, although I wished that they covered a bit more of the building. That said, I like it so far and like what it contributes to the area. 

Yeah, I think that would be my main critique as well.  I wish the windows went all the way to the top.  A little too much blank wall for my taste up there, but yeah, I like it overall.

• Like 2

That big windowless strip at the top just bothers me for some reason. Other than that I think it’s a fine design. I hope it has good street activation; I’d love for that aspect of the Gulch to keep expanding towards Charlotte. 

• Like 3

LOL... Nissan Cube!  I think those things look like microwave ovens on wheels. I have a corny joke whenever I see one on a road and one of my kids is with me. "Get a bag of microwave popcorn." Sorry... pun was intended. And they come in the gawdawfullest colors too. 

Keep in mind, the Asurion building is going up on just the next block north (opposite side of B'way viaduct). 

• Like 2

Hmmm still not sure. I guess the positive side IMO is that it is filling an empty lot and adding more infill.  At least they are keeping up with the theme of Nashville buildings. 

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Boob Box.jpg

Haha it took me a minute, then I noticed the handle!

• Like 2