Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The Atlas (5 stories 95 units, retail) update. Much of the cladding and trimwork is complete.

Looking NW from intersection of 2nd Ave. North and Madison:

The Atlas, May 26, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SW from 2nd Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Madison:

The Atlas, May 26, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking NE from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and Madison:

The Atlas, May 26, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking NE at the retail space from Madison, 1/2 block west of 2nd Ave. South

The Atlas, May 26, 2018, 4.jpg

Looking SE from 3rd Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Madison:

The Atlas, May 26, 2018, 5.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/6/2017 at 10:25 AM, markhollin said:

Was speaking to a local brewer who deals with all of the bars/restaurants downtown.  He blew me away when he said the several dozen bars along Broadway, and a few along 2nd and 3rd Avenues annually generate between $12 and $25 MILLION in gross sales EACH.  Yowzers!  

I ve heard similar numbers that just blow other bar owners outside down town away.  

• Like 1

The Mainland Project (refurbishing former school and adding several 3 story structures for a total of 47 condos) update.  Foundation slabs being placed is sections now.

Looking SE from 7th Ave. North,  1/2 block north of near intersection with Rev. Dr. Enoch Jones Blvd:

Mainland Germantown, May 26, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of Rev. Dr. Enoch Jones Blvd. and 6th Ave. North:

Mainland Germantown, May 26, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bhibbs said:

super random, but, I really think the Olmsted came out as a really handsome building....noticed that while out and about with my wife this weekend.

My girlfriend absolutely loves that building. I feel sorry for the residents though, because it will be surrounded by 4 hotels. Talk about not a real cohesive neighborhood

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

My girlfriend absolutely loves that building. I feel sorry for the residents though, because it will be surrounded by 4 hotels. Talk about not a real cohesive neighborhood

It’s going to get there. That neighborhood is a work in progress but it’s going to be a really cool mixed-use neighborhood in 10 years or so. With a higher percentage of hotel rooms than most neighborhoods, of course. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, SumnerCountian said:

Did the Gultch Bridge project die in the middle of the night and no one told us? I just have not seen anything on it in a while.

I think the land acquisition process is just moving along at a snail's pace, but last I heard it was still on.

• Like 2

I wish they would get the thing going, it's going to be an awesome catalyst on both sides of the tracks. If it's the property owners holding it up, they're shooting themselves in the foot. Any chance it's related to this: https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21007853/cummins-stationarea-could-see-landuse-plan

• Like 3

Criminal Justice Center (6 stories, $113 million) update.

Looking north from intersection of 3rd Ave. North and James Robertson Parkway:

Criminal Justice Center, May 26, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking north along 3rd Ave. North, 1/2 block north of James Robertson Parkway:

Criminal Justice Center, May 26, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of Gay St. and 2nd Ave. North:

Criminal Justice Center, May 26, 2018, 3.jpg

• Like 1