Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

A  1/2 acre Germantown property  at 1320 Rosa Parks Blvd (directly east across the street from Kroger) has been listed for sale for $1.9 million. That works out to $89 a foot for the  empty lot.  It is zoned for mixed-use.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21002276/germantown-property-hits-market-for-19m

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 8.02.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 8.02.58 AM.png

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I can’t get the link to work, anyone else have any luck?

It’s Church Street Park in the picture. 

There’s already a thread about this project, along with the workforce-housing/homeless services building he wants to build as well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Pins Mechanical Company releases some renderings of their conversion of the Gibson warehouse building at the NW corner of 11th Ave. North and Grundy. It will feature 16 duckpin bowling lanes, 5o+ pinball machines, arcade games, bocce ball, shuffleboard courts, and more. Will cover 30,000 square feet in total, with indoor and outdoor entertainment and eating areas.

Why, why WHY is such a large ONE-STORY structure in a prime area being preserved, and not transformed into something that utilizes the space better???? This is the Gulch! Go TALL.

27 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Why, why WHY is such a large ONE-STORY structure in a prime area being preserved, and not transformed into something that utilizes the space better???? This is the Gulch! Go TALL.

This could be a prime example of where Nashville could utilize a "Transfer of Developable Rights" type of practice. Take the space that otherwise would be developed in a taller building, put it into a development bank for the area and allow other buildings to tap that bank when appropriate. 

Also, this is essentially a Pinewood 2.0, no?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

This could be a prime example of where Nashville could utilize a "Transfer of Developable Rights" type of practice. Take the space that otherwise would be developed in a taller building, put it into a development bank for the area and allow other buildings to tap that bank when appropriate. 

The owner of this space has unused Air Rights that he could sell to another developer who wants to go taller than what is allowed by current zoning. 

Would the Transfer of Developable Rights essentially be the same thing?

Edited by nashvylle

Just an observation to add -
I waked 3rd Av. South yesterday, and from the Shelby Bridge termination to Broadway (and somewhat beyond) the area is incredibly decrepit and foul smelling. I am amazed the kitschy museums are doing any business. It was an incredibly unwelcoming area with trash and construction invading every one of the my senses. I do hope the area regains some lost glory when all is said and done.

38 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

Just an observation to add -
I waked 3rd Av. South yesterday, and from the Shelby Bridge termination to Broadway (and somewhat beyond) the area is incredibly decrepit and foul smelling. I am amazed the kitschy museums are doing any business. It was an incredibly unwelcoming area with trash and construction invading every one of the my senses. I do hope the area regains some lost glory when all is said and done.

Agreed, third needs some work. 

15 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

FGL House, just moved in and I've seen lines there that went all the way to Pinnacle, so I imagine it'll start getting some more love. 

Also if the city would stop letting construction block sidewalks that would definitely help!

3rd Ave and Broadway was pandemonium today.  I walk downtown almost every day at lunch and between the sidewalk widening (which I like), the bar construction and the road closures, it's a flipping mess.  I hope they can get through the construction quickly.