Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

A 5 story, 101 room Home2Suites by Hilton hotel is now the plan for the 1.5 acre site at 400-40 Dominican Drive and 2004 Third Ave. North on the very southern end of Metro Center that had been dubbed for a Comfort Inn previously. L&D Hospitality, which is led by Kal Patel of Imagine Hospitality, paid $1.6 million for the site 2 years ago. Funding is in place, and ground should be broken as soon as Metro approves the plans, which will hopefully happen on June 28th.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21006155/home2suites-eyed-for-metrocenter

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 1.32.15 PM.png

The site is the teal colored block in the middle of the frame named "Comfort Suites" on this screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map:

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 1.35.52 PM.png

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, markhollin said:

^ ^ ^ The NW corner of 2nd Ave. South and Molloy St., immediately to the south of SoBro Tower.

Perfect! I can't wait to see renderings.

Who would have ever thought that the SoBro tower would ever be boxed in on all sides in just a few short years. Once this hotel, and the tower at Second & Demonbreun is completed, residents in the SoBro will only be able to see buildings

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DoermanPhoto said:

It looks like there's ground work and demolition happening at the building next to the chocolate factory and the Pine Street garage entrance. Any word on what this will be?

They've been at it for maybe 6 weeks, there's a grease trap installed at the corner of Overton and Mansion so seems reasonable to expect some form of restaurant space at that end.

I saw that the Knoxville restaurant Stock and Barrel is going to be adding a location into the Gulch. I don't think it is the above referenced location though. Can't wait for that place to be open though. I always loved going there in Knoxville. 

1 hour ago, wreynol4 said:

What's the deal with the supposed W hotel?  Any movement there?  None of my sources don't seem to know anything,  my main one because he is just 3 weeks old and can't talk... :)

Will.jpg

Wow at the hair on that kid for only being 3 weeks old! Stylish! My daughter is 5 months and is still primarily cue balling it. 

1 hour ago, wreynol4 said:

What's the deal with the supposed W hotel?  Any movement there?  None of my sources don't seem to know anything,  my main one because he is just 3 weeks old and can't talk... :)

Will.jpg

Can't talk my butt!!  I think he's just withholding information... i see that look in his eye!! ;)

10 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

Will.jpg

We are hearing very soon, according to a source that has detailed knowledge of the project. Looks like he can apply for the GM of the hotel at the rate he is growing. 

• Like 4