Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

45 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Entertainment and hospitality offerings of Gulch to be focus of signage.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/04/directories-planned-nashvilles-gulch/78271038/

Gulch.JPG

Good idea, but Market Street will need to update them every few months at the rate things are changing.   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, markhollin said:

Entertainment and hospitality offerings of Gulch to be focus of signage.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/04/directories-planned-nashvilles-gulch/78271038/

Gulch.JPG

That sort of thing could be awesome for a number of neighborhoods, as long as they stay updated. Having businesses pay a small subscription fee to have their location featured (using, say, a logo instead of just a text name), could fund them as well.

• Like 4

From the Post this morning.  Jim Creason is renovating an old house to convert it into a 6-guestroom inn.  This has potential to be a cool project, and if Mr. Creason is the person (I believe) who has already built many old-style new townhouses, then it's a safe bet that this will be well executed. 

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2016/1/6/inn_slated_for_historic_germantown_building

• Like 4

North Gulch Antique Store site sold for $3 million. 114 George L. Davis Boulevard faces I-65/40 (west side of the inner belt) is wrapped on two sides (east and south) by the Endeavor site (former Mazda dealership), and bordered on the north by the Pollack Shores apartment/retail complex.  Will be interesting to see if the new owner,  Paul Huddleston of Please Be Seated (a Nashville-based boutique event rental company), plans to retool the site as an event space, or might ultimately be part of the Endeavor plans for that whole block.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/05/north-gulch-antique-auction-business-site-sold-3-million/78326856/

Antique Store on Dale Davis.JPG

Eight story office building proposed for Third Avenue at Lea Avenue in SoBro.

From the Tennessean...

Quote; The nearly 1-acre property is owned by Nashville-based Barge Waggoner Sumner Cannon, which plans to consolidate its two corporate offices with roughly 130 employees at the new location. Plans call for four floors of office space and four levels of parking.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

Eight story office building proposed for Third Avenue at Lea Avenue in SoBro.

From the Tennessean...

Quote; The nearly 1-acre property is owned by Nashville-based Barge Waggoner Sumner Cannon, which plans to consolidate its two corporate offices with roughly 130 employees at the new location. Plans call for four floors of office space and four levels of parking.

Uggh...well...at least it's not 7 levels of parking and one level of office space. <_<

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paramount747 said:

I guess they could have gone 10-15 and leased some extra space, but this is better than a 1 acre surface lot.

I'm just talking about building an 8 story building with half of it being parking.  Most anything is better than a surface lot...but I'm just commenting on the half office / half parking building.  Just strikes me funny.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this site which is 3 blocks south of KVB has zoning that might now allow any more than 8 stories.  Smeagolsfree might know. If I'm not mistaken, this will be the next block south of the Olmstead apartments which will be 7 stories at their tallest  point. Along with several other TBA residential projects within a block or two of this, there is some really nice urban massing starting to fill-in that area.  

Edited by markhollin

Dierks Bentley to open a large bar/club on Broadway in former Gruhn Guitars building.  4 stories tall, with 3 stages, and rooftop bar. Building is about 120 years old.   

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/country-musics-dierks-bentley-opening-a-bar-on.html

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

Nah, that location I am okay with being 90-100' tall. I'm all for preserving a bit of the view from the south loop for now...

With all the big pocketed developers trying to get into the Nashville market, we have a very real opportunity to have some serious density and incredible buildings built in our downtown. This area of SoBro is a blank slate and is begging for some serious development. I think in the long term it's in downtown's best interest to have a dense, vibrant area created with dynamic buildings. Getting rid of the height limit here would allow this. Much more important than the view someone has cruising on a portion of the interstate.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

Nah, that location I am okay with being 90-100' tall. I'm all for preserving a bit of the view from the south loop for now...

It seems to me like the south loop may be lined with tall buildings if Buckingham and Crescendo are going to set a trend. What if it becomes part of the view itself?

• Like 1