Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Something intriguing is brewing: Treg Warner buys .8 acre lot at 618 Fourth Ave. South for $3.55 million.  This adds to his recent purchases of 634 and 636 Fourth Ave. S., as well as three 0.09-acre parking lots at 623, 631 and 633 Third Ave. S. and the 0.27-acre site of a church-style building at 629 Third Ave. South:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/15/sobro-property-sold-355m/77329618/

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 2

On 12/12/2015 at 5:35 AM, markhollin said:

As I shared at the Meet-Up last Saturday, I have been scouting this site for about 6 months thinking that it could make a great extension to the Riverfront Park heading east along what we call the the "west bank," but is really the south bank at this juncture.  I had no idea that this was brewing with the Park District at the same time. Cool to see that others have the same vision for it.  Here are some other photos I have taken to give you an idea of the potential for this 12-13 acre plot (about the same size as the south portion of Riverfront Park where the new Amphitheater is sitting).  This is also a piece-of-pie shaped tract.

11) This is looking down onto the second level stair-step from the back parking lot behind the Vocational Rehab Center. It is a triangular shape that at one time looks to have housed 4 large circular tanks for industrial use---probably something to do with the factories that used to be above them a hundred years ago at Rolling Mill.  It is about a 25 foot drop from the parking area at the far right. Perhaps this could be a large dog park or playground.  It is about 200 feet long on each of it's three sides.

Riverfront Boathouse Park 11.jpg

So, there you have a bit of a tour of what I believe is going to be a GREAT new addition to the Nashville Park District.  Lots and lots of potential.  Will be interesting to see how it all plays out beyond just the boathouse elements.  Would be curious as to your thoughts and ideas.  : )

I saw this in the Tennessean last week and this looks like a great reuse for this property. The concrete pads in the picture above are actually the foundations of above-ground storage tanks for the Triangle Refinery/Kerr McGee terminal facility that once operated here. Hopefully the redevelopment takes any issues that may have been left behind here into their design plans.

• Like 1

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Downtown hotel is seeking a 50-room addition to that property at 310 Fourth Ave. South (corner of KVB and Fourth).  If they had been smart nine years ago, they should've built a structure with 400 rooms.  

More details from later today in Tennessean:

The owner of the Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Downtown won conceptual approval Tuesday for a roughly 50-room addition to the hotel.

MR Hotels LLC's plans the addition to the north end of the 154-room, six-story hotel at 310 4th Ave. S., which in recent months had been up for sale.

Under the conceptual plans architect Laura Beene of ESa presented to the Metro Development and Housing Agency's design review committee, the attached expansion area would be five stories or less and take up space that's used for surface parking. Beene mentioned the possibility of relocating the hotel's existing pool.

The Hampton Inn & Suites is expected to attract a hefty price in a sale considering its performance and location in the area south of Broadway near the Music City Center convention hall.

"It's a valuable piece and it's doing so well," hotel industry consultant Drew Dimond said. "It's probably performing in the top 5 percent of all Hampton Inns in the country with high occupancy and high average daily rate. That is quite a performer."

The Hampton Inn & Suites is owned by a partnership of developer Mike Modi, the owner of MR Hotels, and Ragland Corp. Modi declined to comment on the expansion plans or potential sale of the hotel, which is at Fourth Avenue South and Korean Veterans Boulevard.

Edited by markhollin

2 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Downtown hotel is seeking a 50-room addition to that property at 310 Fourth Ave. South (corner of KVB and Fourth).  If they had been smart five years ago, they should've built a structure with 400 rooms.  

How would they even do this while keeping it open?  And I'm guessing that would mean adding another floor or two?

5 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

How would they even do this while keeping it open?  And I'm guessing that would mean adding another floor or two?

They will extend over the driveway and possibly take out the outpost building that has the Johnny Cash Mural facing the Bridgestone. That was the original plan.

Nashville Post's story on The Moxy Hotel.  Includes this additional rendering (the green shaded building will be the new structure replacing the Trail West Building, which has nothing to do with the Moxy):

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/12/15/mdha_oks_concept_plan_for_downtown_hotel_project

Moxy render 2, Dec. 20151.png

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

$3.75 million paid for 169 & 175 Rosa Parks Blvd. (33,000 square feet spread over 3 floors in this late 1800s era building).  Announcements will be made early in January as to how the new owner (yet unnamed) plans to develop the property. It has great potential as it is sandwiched between the LifeWay/Uptown Campus and the new Federal Courthouse sites.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/15/office-other-uses-weighed-downtown-buildings/77385484/

Well damn.... I am going to have to move out for a couple of years.... My building is about to have construction on all four sides.

Courthouse / Lifeway Redev / ^^^^ / and the lots trying to sale next to us....crazy!!

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

Well damn.... I am going to have to move out for a couple of years.... My building is about to have construction on all four sides.

Courthouse / Lifeway Redev / ^^^^ / and the lots trying to sale next to us....crazy!!

That's what you get for being a pioneer in the urban core.

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

$3.75 million paid for 169 & 175 Rosa Parks Blvd. (33,000 square feet spread over 3 floors in this late 1800s era building).  Announcements will be made early in January as to how the new owner (yet unnamed) plans to develop the property. It has great potential as it is sandwiched between the LifeWay/Uptown Campus and the new Federal Courthouse sites.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/15/office-other-uses-weighed-downtown-buildings/77385484/

Sounds like a flipper.   I predict this will end up with Southwest Value as part of the LIfeway campus. 

Agree^^ Southwest  can already buy the two corner plots (razed garage) and our HOA has already talked to our lawyer about responding to potential offers....they own the Frost Bldg. already so it would be The Standard (Josh will sell for the right price) and The Westview in their way to control from 8th N to the Rail road tracks.... a lot of property.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Agree^^ Southwest  can already buy the two corner plots (razed garage) and our HOA has already talked to our lawyer about responding to potential offers....they own the Frost Bldg. already so it would be The Standard (Josh will sell for the right price) and The Westview in their way to control from 8th N to the Rail road tracks.... a lot of property.

It's an impressive tract they've assembled.   Needless to say, I would hate for anything adverse to happen to the Standard building or the Westview. 

• Like 2

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/16/nashville-federal-courthouse-funding-sight/77281274/

Looks like the federal courthouse funding has been approved!

"The fiscal year 2016 Omnibus Appropriations bill Congress unveiled late Tuesday includes the full $181.5 million for design and construction of the building planned along Church Street between Seventh and Eighth avenues."