Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

43 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think the BWCS Project is technically in the Rutledge Hill redevelopment district and I think the height limitation is 8.

The reason for all the parking is they have a high number of company vehicles that are parked on site as well.

Do you think they will attempt to activate the street with any sort of office, or retail, or restaurant space?  Would truly dislike if it is parking garage on all 4 sides of ground level.  

Yes... hopefully it will be "dolled up" before the final plan is completed. I hope the planners will agree that a museum should have a grand staircase across the front, but that would be a lot of extra cost with ADA compliance. IMHO, I'd envision a nice breezeway between the street side and the park side, reminiscent of the War Memorial Building.   

• Like 1

From the Nashville Post: "Image released for Germantown Hammer Mill project.   The developer behind the Hammer Mill project eyed for the Neuhoff site in Germantown has released an image as it prepares to go before the Metro Planning Commission Thursday, Jan. 14, to seek specific plan zoning. TriBridge Residential (which co-developed Eleven North in the North Gulch) has enlisted Nashville-based Littlejohn to aid in the land planning and engineering process. Hammer Mill (see image at left and below) would offer up to 259 residential units and up to 15,000 square feet of retail space."

Hammer Mill render Jan. 2016.png

Edited by markhollin

51 minutes ago, markhollin said:

From the Nashville Post: "Image released for Germantown Hammer Mill project.   The developer behind the Hammer Mill project eyed for the Neuhoff site in Germantown has released an image as it prepares to go before the Metro Planning Commission Thursday, Jan. 14, to seek specific plan zoning. TriBridge Residential (which co-developed Eleven North in the North Gulch) has enlisted Nashville-based Littlejohn to aid in the land planning and engineering process. Hammer Mill (see image at left and below) would offer up to 259 residential units and up to 15,000 square feet of retail space."

Hammer Mill render Jan. 2016.png

Uninspired and downright ugly on the garage elevation, but if it jumpstarts the long awaited reinvention of Neuhoff I can live with it.    

• Like 2

A couple articles are out on some upcoming businesses moving to Jefferson Street.  

A Tech Firm will move in at 1033 & 1037 Jefferson St.

Rendering:

MPhXg1O.jpg

A vet clinic of some type will open across the street at 1016 Jefferson St.

eTq9DBg.jpg

Often referred to as Nashville's "black Main Street," the corridor has seen increasing interest from real estate investors, especially following the opening of nearby First Tennessee Park

Link 1: http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/local-tech-companies-moving-to-jefferson-st.html

Link 2: http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/01/12/internet-marketing-firms-pet-care-headed-jefferson/78637070/ 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mundiejc said:

Jefferson Street is starting to activate all the way down. DJ Wootson's mixed use project at 1821 Jefferson is having its official groundbreaking tomorrow at 10. 

Additionally, I'm heading to a community meeting tonight regarding a  proposed development on a huge undeveloped parcel at 2500 Heiman. Will include 300 units of single famil, town homes, flats and commercial if rezoning is approved. Will be a game changer for North Nashville.

Thanks for the insight, is this the location for the parcel on Heiman?

EYcwppr.jpg

Yes - 2500 Heiman is the main parcel.

The developers need a zone change from combined IR, RM40, and R6. They want the whole thing to be RM40-A. It sounded last night like the developers and the neighborhood were getting close to coming to an agreement. There will be no commercial based on this (though I suspect this development will help bring limited commercial nearby, as well as help support Jefferson Street with lots of pedestrian traffic). 300 units from flats to single family homes. Single family and cottage courts will front Heiman with typical set backs (there is typical 1930s residential development across the street) and the more dense areas will be further away from Heiman. There will be a greenway and landscape buffer along the railroad tracks. The developer is also hoping to get the city, mdha, and tsu involved so that the main boulevard through the community would be able to connect back to Ed Temple/28th at the intersection of Walter S Davis (which turns into Centennial in the Nations). This would alleviate the concerns about traffic from the neighborhood, which are probably justified given the lack of significant infrastructure in this area. 26th Ave N which goes straight to the interstate, would also require updating and probably a traffic light at Jefferson as its all ready a dangerous intersection where much of North Nashville travels to get on I40 West. 

I'm really excited about this and hope it can get off the ground.

here's the proposal from the developers.

2500heiman.JPG

Edited by mundiejc
  • Like 2

Hammer Mill at the Neuhoff site was approved for 259 units by the Planning Commission.

Courtesy of the Post http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2016/1/15/commission_rejects_voluntary_inclusionary_zoning_policy . 

This aerial rendering depicts the development TriBridge Residential is pursuing at the former Hammer Mill factory (seen at left), in Germantown. Since the image is dated Sept. 18, this version of the site plan may have changed. The separate property at right is part of the massive former Neuhoff meat-packing plant, which also is a target for eventual redevelopment.Hammer%20Mill.png

The 400 unit Madison Mill project was deferred. The Outpost in WeHo was also approved. 

• Like 1