Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I noticed demo has gone forward on the two duplexes on 4th.    Aerial may be planning to show up at a future hearing to try to get the 6 unit proposal approved or may propose something else. 

The SP approved by the Planning Commission and the Council approved 6 units on that site.  So any future proposal is likely to include 6 units.  As much as it costs to do an SP, Aerial or any future developer is going to get their money's worth in terms of sellable units.  The Historic Zoning Commissioners can't change the unit count, but they can revise the site plan in addition to height and massing.

Whatever gets approved there will likely have much less height, and potentially less SF, and a little bit more courtyard area.  A cottage development should resemble cottages with a "village green." Otherwise, if you want density combined with height on a site, by all means do townhomes. But pick one.

Edited by bwithers1

I really wish Metro would get more interactive art like the Globe at the Bicentennail Park, or like art I have seen in Chicago, St. Louis and elsewhere.

I like to do something other than look at it in order to enjoy it.

The "Citizen" sculpture pair on the courthouse square have an interactive feature!

• Like 2

The Wall Street Journal has a nice piece about Nashville's new "art park" that honors our own William Edmondson, who was the first African-American to have a solo show at NYC's Museum of Modern Art in 1937.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/nashvilles-first-art-park-1409695205

That was a really good article. I've got to admit, I had never heard of William Edmonson. Is that where Edmonson Pike gets it's namesake? Edited by nashvillwill

THIS COULD BE HUGE....A GAMECHANGER

Even though this would leave a huge vacany in the airport area, I would love to see a Fortune 500 company like Bridgestone move to Downtown.

Out of the old convention center development, WES, Sheet Music, and 505CST, I would love to see them in 505CST.

However, with their lease up in 2017, It looks like Convention Center or WES would be the frontrunners, since all Alex has to do is drain the lake, and Pat Emery seems to already have the team in place to get the ball rolling. All he needs is a signed committment for financing.

This will be interesting to see how it plays out. I just hope they don't go to Franklin Park or Ovation in Franklin.

Oh please be true, and oh please be Sheet Music. I mean, 2 blocks from the Bridgestone Arena sits the Bridgestone HQ... how perfect that would be.

You are inside my head and reading my mind. Get out , get out. These were my thoughts first.

I share yor enthusiasm and really hope Sheet Music is the location. I hope it's downtown regardless of which location.

• Like 3

THIS COULD BE HUGE....A GAMECHANGER

Even though this would leave a huge vacany in the airport area, I would love to see a Fortune 500 company like Bridgestone move to Downtown.

Out of the old convention center development, WES, Sheet Music, and 505CST, I would love to see them in 505CST.

However, with their lease up in 2017, It looks like Convention Center or WES would be the frontrunners, since all Alex has to do is drain the lake, and Pat Emery seems to already have the team in place to get the ball rolling. All he needs is a signed committment for financing.

This will be interesting to see how it plays out. I just hope they don't go to Franklin Park or Ovation in Franklin.

All Tony has to do is close his lot and start. There is a lot of demolition that would have to be done at the old CC site. I would rather see this in the core. My choice is Sheet Music, then the old CC, and the WES.

• Like 3

From the Tennessean; (emphasis mine)

An office high-rise tower planned as part of the redevelopment of the old Nashville Convention Center is among possibilities the Bridgestone Corp. subsidiary is considering, according to people familiar with the effort.

and...

Offices at a redeveloped Nashville Convention Center would be across the street from its namesake Bridgestone Arena, although the company is also said to have considered the Sheet Music skyscraper that developer Tony Giarratana is planning on a site south of Broadway. Outside of downtown, the company has also taken a look at a potential site in Brentwood.

I suspect 400,000 sf could require anywhere from 30 to 40 floors.

• Like 3

From the Tennessean; (emphasis mine)

and...

I suspect 400,000 sf could require anywhere from 30 to 40 floors.

According to this Tennessean article Sheet Music is supposed to have 600K square feet of space. It doesn't specify if all of that is office space though. 

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014301090092&nclick_check=1

Giarratana is pursuing options for development, including Sheet Music, a 36-story mixed-use tower expected to have more than 600,000 square feet of space.