505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

50 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

The closure of the four blocks is already creating a mess. I'm a little surprised that word was not spread a little better. Probably the best timing downtown worker wise, all things considered.

hehe!  I'm surprised in the very least, as that has become a "hum-hum" norm for Metro. -==-

9 minutes ago, chris holman said:

Can anyone think of another location of where if we had another proposal of a 600 ft tower where would you think the tower would fit?

If we didn't get one at this location, I think it's the Lifeway campus or bust for us in terms of getting a tower that tops Batman.

26 minutes ago, chris holman said:

Can anyone think of another location of where if we had another proposal of a 600 ft tower where would you think the tower would fit?

Cool Springs

Just joking ... hopefully ...

Hoping for 800 ft on the Michael Hayes lot at KVB between 2nd and 3rd

• Like 3

8 hours ago, chris holman said:

Northwest corner of Third and Commerce (across the street to the north of SunTrust).  Two large parking garages there right now. Could put a new 10-story garage as part of a proposed complex that would include a 700-footer.

Another favorite spot is the huge parking lot at northeast corner of KVB and Third Ave. South (just south of So Bro).  I think a muscular 50-60 story big boy would look great there, growing up behind the first line of 20-25 story structures that will eventually line all of First Avenue.

40 minutes ago, dmillsphoto said:

Couldn't agree more! Yet another totally out-of-place under-utilized parking lot.

Actually, from the 24-65 interchange at Hope Gardens/Buena Vista to the interchange in front of Cumberland Science Museum; that whole stretch has under-utilized lots like gas stations, stand alone fast food restaurants, single family homes, and even grassy lots that a developer could buy and build big. I like the idea of driving down the interstate surrounded by a canyon of buildings. I know the MDHA would say otherwise with their height limits, but those are just words. They can be circumvented I'm sure.

Edited by Philip
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

If you are talking about the location they built the underground garage on, it is built for only a 25 story to go on top. Now the lot on Church is a different story. My spot would be the lot directly across from the Renaissance Hotel on the corner of 7th and Commerce behind Hume Fogg.

Actually, talking about both. 1 building, top off 25 stories over the garage and go higher on the other property.

The reason we have so many empty surface lots is because Monroe Carell's ( the Central Parking founder) children won't sell the lots. Tony has tried to buy them, and they won't budge for any amount of money, so 505 is our last tall building in the CDB unless they go 25 on top of the NCC parking garage.

1 hour ago, Paramount747 said:

The reason we have so many empty surface lots is because Monroe Carell's ( the Central Parking founder) children won't sell the lots. Tony has tried to buy them, and they won't budge for any amount of money, so 505 is our last tall building in the CDB unless they go 25 on top of the NCC parking garage.

So...I guess they're content making X amount of $$ per day/month on parking lots vs. 100X one time for selling a parking lot.  Makes me wonder if they have a magic number ($) where they would sell...or if they are only interested in the monthly income and ownership and the rest doesn't matter?

2 hours ago, Paramount747 said:

Well, I guess that's their right. Shame though, I'd rather consolidate the parking in some parking garages and develop the rest. I'm a building junkie I suppose.

Does the Carell Family still control those lots? There have been two owners of the former Central Parking Company since 2007. The most recent buyer manages the lots which would lead me to believe they own/control the lots. 

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

Does the Carell Family still control those lots? There have been two owners of the former Central Parking Company since 2007. The most recent buyer manages the lots which would lead me to believe they own/control the lots. 

Standard Parking of Chicago owns them now. Not the Carrell family. But I digress.