JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

2 points about the JW Marriott Austin -

1) That is the exact design that they were going to put into Nashville

2) Glad we waiting for the Turnberry design - heads and shoulders above the Austin JW IMO

153037303.jpg

That's not what Austin's JW looks like.  That was one of the ugly original renderings.  They stepped up the design after the Fairmont was announced.  Here's the final rendering from whit Lodgings website:  

882x490_51_0a66831f0e6b51e54fe232d32504a

http://www.whitelodging.com/about/developments/jwmarriottaustin

• Like 1

The updated Austin JW is much improved.

Yeah, it is. I'd take it over our Omni any day of the week, but I think our JW design is much, much nicer. Here is the front of the JW Marriott Austin.

marriott_1495543a.jpeg

By the way, since hotels in Austin were brought up, specifically the Fairmont, has anybody seen that behemoth? I believe it just broke ground...It's huge! 

Here are the details: 

- $370M

- 47 stories

- 595'

- 1054 rooms

- 32 months to complete

- 100k square feet of meeting space

- aerial walk-way connecting to CC

-

austinhotel_r620x349.JPG?75d51d0aea2efceFairmontAustin_rendering_2014_v3_t286.jp

• Like 2

By the way, since hotels in Austin were brought up, specifically the Fairmont, has anybody seen that behemoth? I believe it just broke ground...It's huge! 

Here are the details: 

- $370M

- 47 stories

- 595'

- 1054 rooms

- 32 months to complete

- 100k square feet of meeting space

- aerial walk-way connecting to CC

-

austinhotel_r620x349.JPG?75d51d0aea2efceFairmontAustin_rendering_2014_v3_t286.jp

That's actually the previous design. This is the updated version:

fairmont_zpsa67fcaff.jpg

Was scrolling through Facebook on my iPhone and the Tennessean is showing a new rendering. It's a birdseye view and shows more detail.

Edit: it's actually on Downtown Nashville's page but the article is from the Tennessean. Was only posted about 12 minutes ago.

Edited by bruceman73

Was scrolling through Facebook on my iPhone and the Tennessean is showing a new rendering. It's a birdseye view and shows more detail.

Edit: it's actually on Downtown Nashville's page but the article is from the Tennessean. Was only posted about 12 minutes ago.

That's a really cool view.  I love how the two buildings are connected, with the pool in-between.  Also...love how the office building mirrors the shape of the hotel.

When you hit the Tennessean link, though, it doesn't show that photo.  It's only on the DT Nash FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/DowntownNashville

I love it!  I'm a little confused by the crown though.  It looks like a transparent wall of glass.  Does anyone else see that?

Well, glass does tend to be transparent... :whistling:

As far as what it is...No telling. It could just be the mechanical penthouse up there, or maybe, just maybe, it could be some kind of atrium with an observation deck. Oh how awesome would that be?!

• Like 1