JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

I can't say that it would be just as that, but it does stand to make a huge impact for it's purpose, and especially with it's location being at that specific neck of the CBD (Eighth and Demonbreun), close to MCC and Bridgestone.  This is a main drag, heavily traversed arterial (US-31, 41 confluence), as opposed to Fifth and Church.  Until activities pick up on the Church St. plateau and the fringe of NoBro and extend beyond being primarily diurnal, Church St. will continue to lag a bit.

From the city-bus, one still sees fake flowers and lit lamps in some windows, but that all should change soon, as UMPH completes their evacuation.  While the existing structure on the NE corner is nothing special, it's a shame all that cladding will be destroyed, as there is very little value in salvaging (although I could use a few of those slabs to build a marble royal dog house).

-==-

ongoing:

IMG_0801.jpg

recall riding in the back of a '53 Oldsmobile up and down that ramp when I was a kid.

____

For a wayward BMW or Escalade, they can always resort to this, as it's been known to actually work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4-l7suRAg

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 3

I believe UMP has already moved some personnel to the newly renovated offices on Rosa Parks in Metrocenter. It appears that at least one-half of the renovation project is complete, the parking lot is full, and there were office workers in the building.

• Like 2

My previous comment is not to be taken seriously. I am sure with time this may get done. I am just not going to be disappointed again like I was with West End Summit and Signature Tower.

It is an amazing project that will take them 3-4 years to build, and by 2020 we will have an amazing 20-45 story skyline in Nashville. We won't look like Charlotte, Austin, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and major cities like those, but we will have a nice skyline albeit very short compared to many cities.