JW Marriott - 385' - 34 Floors

smeagolsfree

And Paramount at 45 and 550. Just saying it's 12' as often as 10' these days.

You mean the project that was never built?

Sure these buildings can be more than 10' per floor, but it is a good rule of thumb. We are now entering an era for the first time of all glass residential buildings. That is a skin cost for living rooms that Nashville has never seen before. Think things are expensive now??? As these projects get budgeted one will squeeze that height because it is one of the biggest cost savings items they can do.

One vertical foot of curtain wall on a residential curtain wall building will run between $30,000 - $35,000.

• 3 weeks later...

No news till UMP vacates, however there are more utility markings around the building. UMP should be out soon, but it looks as if the old Fountain Square building they are moving into may be a tad behind.

It's only been a month since we got the new renderings.

• Like 1

It would not surprise me if they combined the two towers into one. I could see this happening, or the office tower coming much later.

Certain uses don't mix well. Office and Hotel don't because of the difference in security requirements and user profiles.

I can definitely see your second point... The office could come later.

There are plenty examples of mixed office and hotel or office and residential around the US, including Nashville.  If there are two separate entrances security shouldn't be that big of a concern.  

They may have deep enough pockets to go 100% spec, however given the shortage of Class A space in Nashville it may be hard to be truly spec because there are so many companies looking to lease space right now. That being said, there is a lot of inventory that will be coming online in the next 5 years with Gulch Crossings, Eakin, Emery, Hayes/Ragland, and Turnberry all in various stages of construction or planning.   

• Like 1

I was pondering a cost issue. $300,000,000.00 is a lot of paper to carry. Just wondering if many banks have that much coin to lend?

Thing is, Turnberry has acted like since the beginning that this will be a piece of cake...as if everything was in place to start from the beginning.  Maybe that's just the way they talk to help sell themselves...or maybe they have such deep pockets and line of credit that this will happen like clockwork.  They are obviously large enough, with a major track-record...so I've gotta believe they'll pull this off without a hitch (until they give me a reason to believe otherwise).